Metal detector

Mr S

Yup. Indeed rare. Plastic shrapnel is frowned upon. Dont show up on x ray, surgeon has to do a lot of diggin around in yr bits. K

Edited by Khriss
Basicaly yr guys start using that - the opposition get nasty with yr captured lads.....

18 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I thought those plastic shrapnel rounds were called fleshettes, I googled it to check. 
Google insisted on showing me fleshlettes instead. My God that is disturbing!

On of those things we have Geneva Convention for..... Obvs there is absolutely nothing to stop you doing what you like in War. But aftrwards. Nother story. K

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

On of those things we have Geneva Convention for..... Obvs there is absolutely nothing to stop you doing what you like in War. But aftrwards. Nother story. K

Germans Faulty .....yes but forgive and forget Eh Major ? ?

I have a military mine detector that I got off eBay with a peli case for about £120. There was a guy selling a whole bunch of them. Its saved me more times than I can imagine but its only really useful if your trying to find stuff on the outside of the tree in the bark or sapwood. Not much you can do about stuff in the middle. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spudulike said:

A couple of practice grenades, loads of spent bullets, a foot long shell case, some 9mm and .38" bullet cases etc a mostly plastic grenade (unfilled) but saw one in a museum once so must be a bit rare, lots of odd things like that.

Found a bunch of musket balls down on a site in Scotland where the English Camped on the way up to the battle of Culloden. A few live rounds from WW2 in the same area as it was a target practice area. Bunch of coins too but nothing older than 150 years ago.