Doing class 2, worth it or not?

mowingjamie

37 minutes ago, Justme said:

If you have any questions quote me so it sends me an email.

Hi, cheers for all the help everyone. So I'll do the full course at my local place inc cpc now then. Been quoted £1800 for everything from medical to cpc. Inc vat. So once I pass it would be less hassle to get a 7.5t even though i would have the licence to drive larger. What about having a suitable yard? Can I just park it on the road outside on a restricted/ personal operators licence? What about 6/10 weekly check? I'll only be doing about 6000miles a year. How much road tax would a 2007 tipper be per year? Insurance? I'm 29 so would the insurance be sky high? Cheers Jamie 

You wont get an operators licence without off road parking.

Inspections can be tailored for, type of use/mileage/age of vehicle, with in limits, you need a maintenance contract with a garage, if not got facilities/knowledge to do them your self, forms available on dvsa site.

Tax dependent on weight/emission class.

Insurance could be more expensive being a new pass rather than your age, tippers then to be a bit more than say a dropside of the same truck.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mowingjamie said:

Hi, cheers for all the help everyone. So I'll do the full course at my local place inc cpc now then. Been quoted £1800 for everything from medical to cpc. Inc vat. So once I pass it would be less hassle to get a 7.5t even though i would have the licence to drive larger. What about having a suitable yard? Can I just park it on the road outside on a restricted/ personal operators licence? What about 6/10 weekly check? I'll only be doing about 6000miles a year. How much road tax would a 2007 tipper be per year? Insurance? I'm 29 so would the insurance be sky high? Cheers Jamie 

Owch. I can do you C1 for less than £1k all in. 

7 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

It wasn't the C1 we thought we'd lost, I've still got mine, we thought we used to be able to tow more than we could with a 7.5T before we sent our licences awys. Was it the C1E that got the 107?

Yes the D1 got the 101 not for hire or reward. The C1E got the not over 8250kg.

7 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Do you do HGV training? If so, how much for the full-hit class 1 and 2? I’ve got a pre 96 licence (don’t know if that makes any difference or not)? I can use a Gwynedd address if it helps...

Only as far as C1E. Plus to get the funding you need to be an arb / forestry business based in wales.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justme said:

Owch. I can do you C1 for less than £1k all in. 

Where you based? I'm Brecon, Mid Wales?

Just realised that you only do upto C1, if I'm going to do it I might as well do the full C class 2 then it covers me for the future if I want to go bigger. 

Edited by mowingjamie