Low Impact Forestry ?

Lfservices

5 minutes ago, Lfservices said:

What sort of money are alpines?? 

Probably get a little 30hp one for ~10k, but ~50hp minimum is better for tree work I think, selling my AGT850 for 16k 600hours. Reverse steer very useful for tight skidder work. I'd be a bit wary of avant type loaders in the woods, unless a very gentle site, don't think most have a central oscillation point like alpines, so will be more tippy, or split rear brakes for skidding with the nose in the air etc.

• Like 1

used to use a quad and timber trailer but trailer spent more time on its side so not a good idea, but if your jobs were all on flat ground it would work to a extent, been there and done all that several years ago and it was a total nightmare on our sites so i took the plunge and bought this,

new phon photos (1) (23).jpg

20180919_161258 (1).jpg

20180518_154302.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

used to use a quad and timber trailer but trailer spent more time on its side so not a good idea, but if your jobs were all on flat ground it would work to a extent, been there and done all that several years ago and it was a total nightmare on our sites so i took the plunge and bought this,

new phon photos (1) (23).jpg

20180919_161258 (1).jpg

20180518_154302.jpg

What tractor is that mate?? Kabota? Do you get stuck much with that? I have been looking into something similar but didn't think they'd be any good 

Edited by Lfservices

48 minutes ago, Lfservices said:

What tractor is that mate?? Kabota? Do you get stuck much with that? I have been looking into something similar but didn't think they'd be any good 

been using it for 7 years now and it does very well, but dont take this the wrong way as the saying goes there is drivers and screw drivers ! one lad who works with us he could get it stuck on a wet towel but he hasent got a clue,every thing is flat out and that dont work with in forestry but many years of expierance does,

• Like 3

I used a quad, artic cat 700, with a trailer for a bit, now use the 4WD pick up and a trailer. More comfy, happier towing and especially stopping with the pick up. Also my quad got nicked, they are very nickable  ! I would love an Alpine but can't justify the expense just yet.

Kids miss the quad tho, it was good fun for them! 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 19:42, Tommy A said:

It was indeed your old machine. Having operated numerous forwarders it was an eye opener for me at how productive it can be with such little impact.

Tom

Probably the only machine I miss every day.  Couldn’t of went to a better home!  I think Ground control own it now