Announcement soon from GreenMech

PeteB

PDF spec sheet on the GreenMech EVO 165 45hp. The limited edition model is easily recognisable by its red grills...

With 45hp at the helm, featuring the awesome new flywheel design and new feed roller location of the standard EVO models. This is the ultimate 6" high performance wood chipper. 

GreenMech_EVO165_45_Leaflet[175030].pdf

Edited by GA Groundcare

1 hour ago, huskykev said:

Really need to see a video of this and a tw230 side by side....

On testing from what we have seen the standard EVO 165 26hp easily matches and in some areas out performs the 34hp TW230 & ST6....

Its mainly down to the feed roller location & flywheel design. The flywheel weighs in the region of 110kg (For reference that's twice an Arb 150). Its design allows the chip to be properly thrown whereas the older GreenMechs & TimberWolfs used the air flow to discharge the chip... (ala Vortex)

The new "9 o'clock" feed roller position on the EVO over the old conventional 6 o'clock on chippers allows for less recycling of the chip before its discharged. On conventional chippers with a standard  6 o'clock setup getting uncut material in at the bottom and exiting on an anti clockwise flywheel at 12-1 o'clock without the chip going around again can be difficult. The aim of the game is obviously the quicker you can get rid of it, the quicker the machine can take its next bite giving a higher throughput. With the EVO and its 9 o'clock setup it presents the wood earlier into the flywheel giving it the ability to discharge its chip better without recycling it first..

Now add a turbo charged +20hp engine with more torque to that standard 26hp EVO.... ?

We would be well up for having a shoot out day at our place. Bring your ST6, TW230 etc etc along and put it up against the EVO 165 26hp & 45hp machines.....  

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

On testing from what we have seen the standard EVO 165 26hp easily matches and in some areas out performs the 34hp TW230 & ST6....

Its mainly down to the feed roller location & flywheel design. The flywheel weighs in the region of 110kg (For reference that's twice an Arb 150). Its design allows the chip to be properly thrown whereas the older GreenMechs & TimberWolfs used the air flow to discharge the chip... (ala Vortex)

The new "9 o'clock" feed roller position on the EVO over the old conventional 6 o'clock on chippers allows for less recycling of the chip before its discharged. On conventional chippers with a standard  6 o'clock setup getting uncut material in at the bottom and exiting on an anti clockwise flywheel at 12-1 o'clock without the chip going around again can be difficult. The aim of the game is obviously the quicker you can get rid of it, the quicker the machine can take its next bite giving a higher throughput. With the EVO and its 9 o'clock setup it presents the wood earlier into the flywheel giving it the ability to discharge its chip better without recycling it first..

Now add a turbo charged +20hp engine with more torque to that standard 26hp EVO.... ?

We would be well up for having a shoot out day at our place. Bring your ST6, TW230 etc etc along and put it up against the EVO 165 26hp & 45hp machines.....  

The ferry from Rosslare is a bit expensive for just a days chipping unless ye can comp it? ?? anyway I should have been clearer, it’s the tracked versions I’d be interested to see side by side, I can’t see the point of a 6” tow behind that weighs over 750kg. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, huskykev said:

The ferry from Rosslare is a bit expensive for just a days chipping unless ye can comp it? ?? anyway I should have been clearer, it’s the tracked versions I’d be interested to see side by side, I can’t see the point of a 6” tow behind that weighs over 750kg. 

I don’t think GreenMech used to. But you look at the numbers of ST6 chippers sold in the past 6 years and there is now a market for a heavyweight 6” trailed machine. 

The 45 weighs just a tad more than the 25. Bit of weight in the turbo and a bigger cooling pack adds a tad! Makes me smile just to hear the vast difference in noise levels - so quiet! Less stressful for those feeding it as well as those in the work area.