Grillo fd 450 out front , not starting

miker

A guy i work for has one of these, it wont start....so looking at fuel or electrical problem

So how are you supposed to get at the engine if it wont start as grass box needs to be in its raised position to get at the engine ????? no manual lift that i can see ??

great machine but poorly thought out for maintenance/breakdowns

Any thoughts ??

Cheers

Mike

14 minutes ago, miker said:

A guy i work for has one of these, it wont start....so looking at fuel or electrical problem

So how are you supposed to get at the engine if it wont start as grass box needs to be in its raised position to get at the engine ????? no manual lift that i can see ??

great machine but poorly thought out for maintenance/breakdowns

Any thoughts ??

Cheers

Mike

I assume all fuses are ok?

Don't know the machine, but from the manual:

"If the engine or the battery are out of order, the grass-catcher can be opened manually: insert the key and sit on

the driver's seat. In this way the hydraulic valve is relieved. Push the button to open the grasscatcher

(fig, 5, n. 13) and open the grass-catcher manually. The battery is located under the grasscatcher

in the rear part of the machine (fig. 33, A). If it is out of order, the battery can be removed

and recharged."

http://www.grilloagrigarden.co.uk/operators_manual/fd450

2 minutes ago, miker said:

hmm, it had an issue with the main fuse when he first got it, ill chech that, cheers mate

I don’t know this machine but assume it’s a diesel with the d in model number. The diesel mowers I’ve used have a separate fuse for fuel solenoid. So if it’s turning over it could be that

1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:

I don’t know this machine but assume it’s a diesel with the d in model number. The diesel mowers I’ve used have a separate fuse for fuel solenoid. So if it’s turning over it could be that

No mate , its 22hp briggs petrol engine, 727 ? i think

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

That’s weird. I wouldn’t even be bothering to look at it the dealer should be sorting it out

told him it should go back, hes 87 and  pretty stuck in his way bless him, ive worked for him for 22 years and nothing surprises  me lol. i might try and convince him that it needs to go back to the dealer

6 minutes ago, miker said:

told him it should go back, hes 87 and  pretty stuck in his way bless him, ive worked for him for 22 years and nothing surprises  me lol. i might try and convince him that it needs to go back to the dealer

Yes fair enough. The other option is all the safety switches being pressed in as they should be. Seat/hydro pedal cutting switch off etc