How/where do you dispose of old fencing

SimpleSimon

7 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I've got a waste carriers license and what's wrong with having a bonfire? What about the 5th November is that illegal aswell? Next time I go ill take fireworks along with me and celebrate the full monty my pal is a farmer so it's his own land so there is no fly tipping at all I've also got a compost yard to use costs £20 a ton but it's a bit out of the way so sometimes easier to burn it? There's so many stupid laws about burning waste if it was general rubbish fair enough but it's wooden fence panels posts ect its burnable materials ?

Glad to clear it up 

Jack 

Wooden fence panels are often made from treated timber.  When this is burned in the relatively low teps of a bonfire, it releases lots of nasty chemical pollutants.  Timber should be taken to a local waste company, where if may well end up being burnt as biomass, but this happens at very high temps, under controlled conditions, making the exhaust gases much , much cleaner.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stoke Wood Project said:

Try calling your local council. They may be able to suggest local waste companies.  Ask other local contractors maybe?  Whereabouts are you?

I'm in Worcestershire. I've been in touch with a couple of local companies, no response as yet but hopefully they'll shed some light. 

Two waste transfer stations near me. One nearly fainted when he saw a fence panel had ivy on it, and wanted to charge me £90 for three panels. I drove to tother one, who said " get out, you don't come in often enough" although I think it was more the fact I run crusher hire business also, so I take away a lot of their skip hires! 

You cannot burn waste even on nov5th.,people have been prosecuted for it.

I actually have mate who runs a nursery, and he hires a massive roll on roll off skip from a company called jamboree. They recycle all wood waste into biomass. I bung him few quid to throw my panels in with his. Perhaps look if you have a yard at hiring one in. You end up making money as you charge each customer a fee, the skip is only about 375 I believe.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Two waste transfer stations near me. One nearly fainted when he saw a fence panel had ivy on it, and wanted to charge me £90 for three panels. I drove to tother one, who said " get out, you don't come in often enough" although I think it was more the fact I run crusher hire business also, so I take away a lot of their skip hires! 

You cannot burn waste even on nov5th.,people have been prosecuted for it.

I actually have mate who runs a nursery, and he hires a massive roll on roll off skip from a company called jamboree. They recycle all wood waste into biomass. I bung him few quid to throw my panels in with his. Perhaps look if you have a yard at hiring one in. You end up making money as you charge each customer a fee, the skip is only about 375 I believe.

I have thought of the skip idea, cost was the main concern though as you say its easily costed onto jobs as long as its not extortionate to begin with. 

I don't have a yard at present but I "know people who know people" so could probably scrounge a bit of space to put a skip somewhere. 

Just get your self a caravan and park it up on a bit of ground and burn what ever you like. 

Last time traveler's pulled up in my village they burnt fence panels , hedge cutting and other stuff one night reported it to the right people and no one turned out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1