Laylandi price

Paul Tomo

41 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

The thing about tree work more then most other jobs is time is definitely money,tree work you can charge to same for a 2 hour job as for a 5 hour job.so the price I would put on this job would be £650...that means same price if can get into the field at the back and drop the tree right next to the Chipper and get the job done double quick or if you have to drag it down the garden along side of house down path to Chipper parked on side of the road...the price is in the removal of the tree and not how far it needs dragging to get the job done and don’t forget most of it will be cut and left on site.

Unless I am reading it wrong That is a bizzare way to price.. If it takes a day because you have to drag it through a garden then it's your day rate. If you can park under it and get it done in half a day then you charge for half a day.  Your rates will obviously vary depending on staff, kit etc..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Unless I am reading it wrong That is a bizzare way to price.. If it takes a day because you have to drag it through a garden then it's your day rate. If you can park under it and get it done in half a day then you charge for half a day.  Your rates will obviously vary depending on staff, kit etc..  

Why? The price is for doing the job not how long it takes.simple why over complicate it...anyway not getting into a job Priceing war the lad asked advice on what to charge and I have just told him what I would price it at,he doesn’t have to take the advice we all have our own way of putting a price on jobs....the way I do it has worked for best part of 40 yrs...so arn’t Going to change now.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

But you surely price the job by how long you think it is going to take... 

Again why? Ben please don’t think am being funny cause it’s not in my make up but I did just say we all have our own way of pricing work,I personally price the job and how long I think it will take etc obviously comes into it...but at the end of the day a tree is a tree and apart from how long it takes to remove it will very it still takes the same amount of time to get it down.this particular tree has 2 options but because one option is drop it close and the other option is to drag it 100yrds why mess about with the price,option A same money job easier option B same money takes slightly longer but in each case it’s still good money for either scenario..that’s my way of thinking and it works for me and most importantly as long as the client is happy with the price and agrees it really doesn’t matter.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1