Laylandi price

Paul Tomo

I would like some feedback on a price for this laylandi tree to be removed and cleared. The customer wants the main trunks and the large branches to be cut into logs for his stove but he wants me to cut all the wood into 8 inch logs, All the brash will be removed from site. 

The only access from the back of the house is by a 100 yard walk from the main gate to the field, I could use the field but carrying all that is cut from the tree will need to be carried to the main gate.

Has you can see in the pics that under the tree are fence panels and a shed that needs to be worked around which makes for tree rigging, I have no chipper so all the brash will go to the farm.

I would say a job like this would come into the price range of £400 giver or take a little but I would like to where I am in my pricing of work that I am doing. Any constructive feedback would be very helpful in the development of my tree surgery business.

Many thanks Paul

325A741E-CB1B-4800-A387-634C168F15D3.jpeg

47F48B47-32DC-4A92-8A19-B7BF1DED45BE.jpeg

A4FD84A2-3629-4827-8479-4CA0530D7B8B.jpeg

Edited by Paul Tomo

Can you get on to that piece of ground at the back? If yes that makes to job easy,£500/£550 tree down to ground level and brash and waste removed(£400/£450 if he disposes of waste him or her self)and a extra £100 for time taken to cut into sized required logs,but don’t get confused between processing logs and just logging...processing would mean that you will split which you don’t want to do..£600/£650.

The additional £50 to each price is up to you but no lower then the lowest price.dont ever start off by selling yourself short otherwise you will always be doing it.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 2

As mentioned above it’s maybe better to just hire a chipper if access not great for loading .there is typically twice as much brash comes out of these as what they look like from the ground (very dense) .horrible trees aswell and if not careful can get rashes up your arm 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

As mentioned above it’s maybe better to just hire a chipper if access not great for loading .there is typically twice as much brash comes out of these as what they look like from the ground (very dense) .horrible trees aswell and if not careful can get rashes up your arm 

The thing about tree work more then most other jobs is time is definitely money,tree work you can charge to same for a 2 hour job as for a 5 hour job.so the price I would put on this job would be £650...that means same price if can get into the field at the back and drop the tree right next to the Chipper and get the job done double quick or if you have to drag it down the garden along side of house down path to Chipper parked on side of the road...the price is in the removal of the tree and not how far it needs dragging to get the job done and don’t forget most of it will be cut and left on site.