Ever been convicted of speeding in Scotland

LeeGray

2 hours ago, LeeGray said:

Been clocked at 72 on the a68 in the little van. Limit is 50 (I thought it was 60)

This is a bit galling, considering that an 80 year old (not being agist, just the plain fact that reaction times slow with age) could legitimately drive a heavy 4x4 + twin axle caravan at 60mph on the M25 in the rush hour after dark (not being agist, I am the first to admit that at 60 my eyesight is not what it was).

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Friend of mine got a 3 week ban and very hefty fine about 10 years ago on the A515 doing 95 in a 50 trying out his new Golf . He was called to court in Buxton and tried by 3 magistrates who he said were all old spinsters and had it in for him. :D

13 minutes ago, peatff said:

Friend of mine got a 3 week ban and very hefty fine about 10 years ago on the A515 doing 95 in a 50 trying out his new Golf . He was called to court in Buxton and tried by 3 magistrates who he said were all old spinsters and had it in for him. :D

95 in a 50 is pushing, I bet they were old sphincters though.

80 on the A75 (NSL) was a fixed penalty in 1998

82 on the A75 (NSL) in 2018 & they cocked up the NIP, so nothing... But, at 22 over the posted limit you are looking at the higher level of fine, which is some % of your monthly income I believe. You would likely have to be (I think) at 26 above or more to be facing a ban. However, depends on your situation/hardship in which case more £ and less ban if reasonable.

I was lucky for that last one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeeGray said:

Thanks for the replies, put my mind at ease a bit. The forms and license are in the post, I’ll just have to wait to see the outcome and hold onto the ‘WANTED chauffeur’ job listing I have ready.

i wouldnt worry too much,,,u live not too far from the scottish border..in fact probably was scotland at one time........if u lived south of the watford gap maybe jail time????

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad outcome.

I got pulled in Norway at the end of November.  77kmph in a 60 zone.  

The 70kmph started about 100m after the Rozzaz.

Fair enough says I.  Can’t deny I was speeding, you come round the bend after a school, which is 60 zone to open fields and a dead straight road.  Most people know the road and just a squirt on the noisy pedal and it isn’t that long before your at 80kmph.

5500 NOk fine for the equivalent of 11mph over the limit, at night, no pedestrian traffic.  

Well over 500 quid fine, possibly more depending on exchange rates.