Husqvarna 268 XP

NeilT

Hi, I've got one of these saws. Its great but too big for my needs. I think its from 1991. I'm planning to sell it but am not sure how much it is worth. Other than stick it on ebay and hope for the best, is there a way to get it valued? I plan to get something a bit smaller like the 455. Thanks. 

Let buyers know if it's on the original pot and piston, subtly mark the main parts if ebaying, (fb marketplace better) and film it cutting first in case of a scammer/parts swapper and returner, would guess at least worth £200 if not tatty. Then find a decent husky 350 and get spud to port it for you!

• Like 2

There's barely one pound difference between those two saws. However, the 268 is an alloy chassis that was built to last, and run strong when properly tuned. Most had a Tillotson carb that can still be ordered new from Tralee, Ireland this day. If it is a bit heavy, you may want to try a lightweight bar instead.

The 455 is a plastic chassis, and not meant for much use.

Now if you were going to go for something like a 50cc saw, it would make more sense from a weight savings standpoint.

• Like 1

Thanks. Im thinking of going for a 50cc saw or thereabouts. I had thought of the 455 or the Stihl equivalent whatever that is. Ive got it posted on a local FB selling page for £220 and will put that towards something else hopefully.