Elm

trigger_andy

13 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Ive given a matched pair to the the Tree Surgeon who put me onto the Elm. He's gonna book-match them and make a table in a few years time. He's knocked out some cracking furniture so they went to a good home. I'll swap them for either some unmilled timber or hire of his Stump Grinder as I have loads needing dealt with on my patch. 

The 4 I kept will get added to the stash to dry. :D Will most likely make a table one day as well.  

Good to see it not going to waste or firewood iv been lucky enough to mill 3 smallish elm logs now. Defiantly my favourite timber.

In Norway or Scotland?

we get to knock over some decent sized stuff in Norway.  Always seem to go for firewood or ‘paid, never to be see again’

Gonna have to get on it and get a mill. 

I just work in Norway these days. Been back in Scotland for near 5 years, time sure flies. 

Norwegians sure seem to hoard all the wood they fell. [emoji3] The farms around where I had a house treated it like gold. 

Do you fell much Hardwood? Thought it was mostly softwood over there? 

Picked up a new Merino Wool underlayer when I was in Oslo earlier this week. Expensed back to work obviously.

340e5387-8db7-425d-8174-e35d13960f4d.jpg

We fell a lot of Birch, a soft hard wood.

I have felled some fantastic Elm, Maple and Ash trees over the years.  Always seems the best looking timber goes away on a grab lorry.  

I grab bits and pieces but mostly for firewood.  As I mentioned, I will get round to it just gotta get the builder to start the garage, workshop first.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich Rule said:

We fell a lot of Birch, a soft hard wood.

I have felled some fantastic Elm, Maple and Ash trees over the years.  Always seems the best looking timber goes away on a grab lorry.  

I grab bits and pieces but mostly for firewood.  As I mentioned, I will get round to it just gotta get the builder to start the garage, workshop first.

Yeh, lots of Birch. Was not really counting that. :D Used to get a few faven (spelling) in locally produced. 

Just now, Rich Rule said:

I have a few of those under layers.

They are bloody expensive.  I tend to grab them when they are in offer at the supermarket or XXL.  A fraction of the cost.

I got @Mark Bolama Devold high end base later years ago.  I think he only wore it a few times as it was so warm once he got going.

Yeh not cheap! ? This was 50% off so I bought two, one for me and one for my brother. Think they where originally 850nok. Mad. But Work pays so its all good. :D 

32 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I have a few of those under layers.

They are bloody expensive.  I tend to grab them when they are in offer at the supermarket or XXL.  A fraction of the cost.

I got @Mark Bolama Devold high end base later years ago.  I think he only wore it a few times as it was so warm once he got going.

Haha, funnily enough I picked it out the drawer last week mate, then thought ‘Na, not cold enough!’.