Easy start ground saw

Ty Korrigan

23 minutes ago, doobin said:

All non autotune saws are the same surely. Pull it on choke till it barks, half choke, it catches, let it run for a few seconds then blip the throttle and rev it up briefly. 

Nope,got two 550xps bought at the same time both are brilliant saws but start up is different,one fires 2nd pull and other fires 5th pull and when hot one will start straight up and the other needs primer and throttle pre set

Hello Ty

The Husqvarna 543 may be a choice, very light and easy to start. Other than that the Makita 2 x 18v battery saws as suggested may be a good idea if not too heavy. I don't have their saw but I do have a few LXT tools including a 36V strimmer and really are very good - maybe consider one with a brushless motor. The small Echos and Dolmars supposed to be very good too.

I have an MS250 I think it has 'ergo start' but I much prefer a proper normal pull start although I may have knackered the spring, Ive also changed the 'easy' chain tensioner for two studs as it used to do anything but apply the correct tension to the chain. Both are worthless gimmicks IMO.

Happy New Year to all

Noel

Edited by NFG

Hi.personally find a 241 one of the easiest things to start and very good powerful well balanced lightweight saw .battery machine could be the answer ,I’ve been looking at the new cordless stihl msa 220 which looks good compared to previous models but still cuts bit slow .I don’t think they will compare to petrol models

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gary112 said:

Nope,got two 550xps bought at the same time both are brilliant saws but start up is different,one fires 2nd pull and other fires 5th pull and when hot one will start straight up and the other needs primer and throttle pre set

But they aren't " non A/T as doobin posted . 

As above, but buy ‘waitley’ brand Chinese batteries on eBay. I run the 9ahs in our grinders particularly, and 6ah for other tools. Good value and last well. 
I can confim that the waitley 6ah batteries a pretty decent. Have had two with my makita duc35 and they last well, and give good power, better than the makita 5ah batteries.

Id defo get a battery saw for the job you ask. Used mine all day as a chipper saw the other day doing a nasty big line of connie bashing and battery lasted all day. Pair of waitley 6ah batterys are 50quid.

9 hours ago, gary112 said:

Get a software update (plug it in at the dealer) - we had similar issues with 560s that was cured after plug-in. Dealer reckons they should be done annually (that isn’t going to happen though!).