Laski, predator, Greenmech, Major 450 teeth?

tim361

What hp is it, found multi tip a pain in high hp grinders as they smash the leaders off. Most grinders have the same pocket bolt spacing as we have tried green teeth , rayco super teeth and Vermeer yellow jackets on the same disk at various times. Actually quite a fan of the super teeth as very strong in stony ground and easy to sharpen in the machine with a battery grinder and diamond disk.
Not tried rhino teeth but they do look very good and from what I hear very smooth cutting

Whatever teeth you get you'll be fine at that hp, green teeth 700 series are quite cheap as you just replace the tooth with 3 side's and not the pocket and will prob fit your existing disk. Had some teeth from

WWW.STUMPTEETH.CO.UK
Which were quite good value
Or you could try
WWW.NORTHERNARBSUPPLIES.CO.UK

Stump grinder teeth for various stump grinding machines. Browse through our selection of high quality stump grinding teeth and order online today.

As they've got copy rayco teeth if you want to stick with that type, avoid finger teeth nasty things that come flying out like tungsten tipped bullet's!

Multi tip are an excellent choice on lower hp machines. They shine bc of the missing drag the holders from other teeth give. Rhinos are better suited for higher hp grinders as they hold up better but give more resistance in the wood as their shape is larger. I have MT on a 12hp, on a 35hp and before on a 25hp machine. My bigger grinders use weld on teeth. 

I would say that MTs make sense up to 30-40 hp, since my 35hp bends or even snaps the leader teeth sometimes, which literarally never happened on the 25hp but it's still acceptable. In general they do very well, are light on the drive train and are a breeze to change on site. Well worth the investment. 

• Like 1

After spending Friday ringing around no one stocks Laski teeth in the UK, have to be ordered direct from the factory in the Czech Rep. 

So it’s looking like I’ll either be changing over to a multi tip system, or getting the flywheel drilled to take green teeth. Probably end up getting a multi tip wheel as there’s less to mess up on my end.