Quad bikes.

lux

I’m in the market for a used quad bike. Around 350 cc with 4x4 etc.

I know very little about them , other than the usual Honda Yamaha’s Suzuki Kawasaki etc are any other brands worth considering.

All the Polaris and can am seem to be more than I’m wanting to spend.

I just need a machine for moving mostly animal feed around my field and woods. It’s pretty wet in the winter so as long as it’s a capable mud plugger and reliable I’m not fussy about it.

Any advice on used machines appreciated

Honda are the best all round and cheapest to own and run. Polaris and can am are good fun and plenty of power but expensive to own and run and not very reliable. Good Honda for a couple of grand will do all you want and sell for not much less years later

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

Honda are the best all round and cheapest to own and run. Polaris and can am are good fun and plenty of power but expensive to own and run and not very reliable. Good Honda for a couple of grand will do all you want and sell for not much less years later

Same, Hondas are very reliable?

Yamaha's are pretty reliable, our two 550s are still going strong and I have a friend who's (heavily abused) 550 was just sold after 25,000 miles which still worked but needed a lot of structural welding because it had been rolled too many times.

In terms of performance we've had a few Polaris bikes over the years and they're the best I've riden but I would prefer Yamaha for work. Admittedly my current Polaris1000 scrambler isn't very practical though. ?

Honda Trx 350 is the best in its class I think .... I would not touch a Polaris with a barge pole any way! my old house mate brought a brand new Polaris as an upgrade for his trx and had so much bother with it he got his money back.
My trx starts first time every morning and I’ve abused it on some of the roughest terrain possible and it’s never let me down.

• Like 1

Yamaha Honda Suzuki all about the same and in my eyes only 3 worth a shout if your going to put them to work, my old 350 yam has been so reliable over the 12 years i have had it and it hasn,t had a easy life at all, its moved several hundreds tonnes of timber over the years and taken 1000s of fence posts out, 

IMAG0331.JPG

20170926_131435.jpg

20161115_145604 (1).jpg

Edited by spuddog0507
spelling
  • Like 4

I’ve owned Suzuki, Yamaha and Polaris.

never had a problem from any of the above.

What I would say is they hold their money at any age so spending more is worthwhile in the long run.

My 20 year old Suzuki 500 is still working on my brothers shoot.

My 16 year old Yamaha is still working on a mates farm.

Great machines.