DMM Captain Hook Kit

Jamie Jones

28 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Send up 'The Hook'!

I love it!

With added Petzl micrograb.

This was me, Wednesday, skylarking between 2 Ent like horse chesnuts.

About €120 more in France than UK though.

I used to use a homemade grappling hook but realise now that too many hooks spoil the cross...ing.

That one was forever getting stuck or damaging bark.

Mrs Lee frowned when she saw it appear on the invoice but soon smiled and laughed at my first ungainly transfer between snaggly pines.

Stuart

20200110_225627.jpg

What top handle saw is that?

Lol!

Woodstar brand, generic Chinesium tophandle €69 from Bricodepot (B&Q)

The 150 was running rough, my fault as I forgot to clean it after a dusty hedge job.

The wee Echo 2511 stopped oiling 'again' so out with the reserve reserve saw which lives under the rear bench seat.

Similar power as a 150 for the weight of a 200 but it fires up with a couple of pulls after weeks of not being used.

Should see if I can run a 1/4 chain on it.

Similar here but without the Oregon guide bar and chain.

https://www.oogarden.com/prod-37797-Tronconneuse-Oregon-25-25.html?utm_source=comparateur&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA3uDwBRBFEiwA1VsajEgpZ1ioFmfH_K7eBV50O_ApPBO6NEdQagonC671wfEVdVqKh6gBmRoCJwwQAvD_BwE

Tiny fillers, I use a wee funnel for the fuel.

Loads of them out there, some with cheesy names like 'Racing'

Stuart

Well the Hook has arrived and I got to use it today with the CT Roll n Lock progress capture device. Have to say it is a great bit of kit and easy to use.

Although I have to admit it did take me two attempts to get across to the other tree? as I forgot to put the Hook line in my foot ascender to aid leverage on the roll n lock.?? Nothing like doing things the hard way?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just throw the hook alon the other end of climb line and clip it into my foot ascender and just hand over hand and foot pumps till you get to the anchor.  If it a fair distance I might use a friction device.  Or just tied a vt with a micro pulley.  Works for me.

• Like 2

Well the Hook has arrived and I got to use it today with the CT Roll n Lock progress capture device. Have to say it is a great bit of kit and easy to use.
Although I have to admit it did take me two attempts to get across to the other tree[emoji15] as I forgot to put the Hook line in my foot ascender to aid leverage on the roll n lock.[emoji849]? Nothing like doing things the hard way?????

I’d be wary of using the Roll’n’Lock as you can’t pay out slack. I’ve made traverses before where you have to descend a little to make it across or grab branches. That’s why I use my Gri-Gri. Just something to think about.
  • Like 1