Free oak tree for milling and firewood

CarrieN

Has anyone stopped to consider that the OP’s tree man might have whacked that price on it as he didn’t really want the job? I.e. I’ll price it silly so I don’t get it, and if I do get it I’ll bank a mega profit? Just speculating.
More likely thinking that he's worked for them sever times before, been asked for advice on the tree so jobs as good as his so open check book time but like others have said we might not be able to see the 4 BT lines running through the crown from the pictures, hell iv missed seeing a line stood under a tree before now, he might know the neighbors are total k ing nightmares and driving onto that grass will lead to police getting called and solicitor letters getting sent so it was priced to compensate I'd say we've all done it to some extent before.
  • Like 2

There could be services as well looking at the foot path photo, rupturing a gas or sewage main with a swift stunt fell and crane load the timber on the trailer and in the pub for lunch finish is out the window... I think it’s trickier than it looks and being oak and one of the heaviest timbers to deal with pricing by a photo on a forum is a bit errrrr .... silly??

• Like 1