Chaps or Trousers??

Witterings

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

You wear yours regular Stubby?hows your leg now after the Labrador crash?

It is still giving me jipp as is the ankle . Especially if I forget to take some Ibuprofen . Pisses me off as I had got to a stage were it did not bother me prior to this happening . As I said before , Big G spooky hates me !  Thanks for asking by the way ?

• Like 1

Hi guys I went for chaps for milling and carving as I am short and plump and kept growing out of my trousers and at £80/100 a time it was getting expensive, I still have a pair of Sthil trousers almost brand new if someone want to make me an offer on them , I will look them out and see what size they are.

Cheers Mark 

3 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi guys I went for chaps for milling and carving as I am short and plump and kept growing out of my trousers and at £80/100 a time it was getting expensive, I still have a pair of Sthil trousers almost brand new if someone want to make me an offer on them , I will look them out and see what size they are.

Cheers Mark 

Let me know what size they are and I may be interested ... the below will tell you if they may fit or not.

OK ... so as I type this I'm wearing a 34" waist pair of M&S jeans that I think are on the genorous side as if I don't keep the belt cranked right in I'll look like a student with them hanging on my ankles which would't be a pretty site and most of my trousers as a 36" waist so put these on my Xmas list .... 35/37"

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Order online at Screwfix.com. Abrasion-resistant, 2-way stretch polyester fabric. Buttons on front and back to attach braces. FREE next day delivery available, free collection in 5 minutes.

As there was no way the 2 halves were ever going to meet without a vheese cutter being onvolved took them back and changed them for the 38/39" waist and whilst I can get them on .... feels like they are the cheese cuter to do so and qiuite a few of the reviews say they come up small so they're going back as well especially as I've 2"'s of unwanted material waiting to trip me up on the leg,

Does anyone happen to know if the Husky ones come up "truer" to size ... I've tried googling leg length and you can't find it anywhere

WWW.WORLDOFPOWER.CO.UK

Husqvarna occasional use chainsaw trousers with class 1 type A protection. Zipped pockets. Reliable and fast delivery from World of Power.

If these don't work it'll be back to the Oregon chaps on the basis of something is better than nothing.

Hi Mr Hooker ,same as the bigger the size the longer the leg I tried one pair on and the knee pads were around my ankle ,Hi Witt the trousers I have are Sthil Dynamic front protection and size 36 almost brand new in the box with the patch material 

Happy New Year.  Mark 

On 01/01/2020 at 18:06, Silverhooker said:

I don’t climb and am quite short and broad, (fat), I wear chaps cos trousers don’t fit well enough and am likely to trip over the over long legs !

Think I fall into the same category so they may br my best bet.

On 01/01/2020 at 19:02, gobbypunk said:

,Hi Witt the trousers I have are Sthil Dynamic front protection and size 36 almost brand new in the box with the patch material 

Happy New Year.  Mark 

Happy New Year to you as well and everyone else on here.

I looked up what info I could on them and think the leg would be way too long but thank you for the offer.

Operators can just get to hot in trousers, causing them to be more impatient, fatigued, clumsy, dizzy and generally a hazard to themselves. 

Here, chaps are standard wear in forestry, and if my climbers want them in summer, I provide them and shorts for their use. I wear them to, happier and cooler than I would be otherwise

On 28/12/2019 at 08:34, peatff said:

I think anything is better than nothing, I don't think you can be prosecuted for not wearing protective gear. I wear a pair of Husqvarna bib and brace over my ordinary trousers or shorts but they are a bit warm in summer. I'm only a firewood collector , I might invest in a pair of the Screwfix trousers for next year.

They are legal. It's same protection as per yr RA-MS. Logging in shorts in summer with chaps on is way more comfy. A good back belt to hold them up an yr logging all day. Climbing in them would be ridiculous tho'  K