Gas is banned

donnk

1 minute ago, donnk said:

we talking 5k, 10k, 20k ?

Trying to compare to heat pump.

From memory - I'm thinking 9 for 2x solar thermal panels in roof, boiler, plumbing and elec instal.  I can have a pull through the paperwork and confirm.

I just did a google and first hit was ?. Scroll down to costs have a quick read, but I'd advise caution - they are saying 20% return over 20 years, that 'may' be true but it rings an alarm bell since domestic RHI is a 7 year term....

WWW.TRECO.CO.UK

We’ve supplied and installed over 800 biomass boilers since 2006. Read about our biomass boilers here or contact us to...

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Nice one cheers.

Well, no loft insulation, no double glazing but LED lights. :D Loft is an easy fix, the glazing not such an easy one, it will get done, but when? We're also in an old Stone Farmhouse. 

From my - non current - experience, none of those were stoppers or penalty circumstances like they are now for solar PV tariff.

• Thanks 1

almost went over to commercial (which is where the bigger bucks are) when there seemed an interminable delay to domestic roll-out.

It meant underground piping and metering to an out building and registration as business unit (with small business rebate) more faff than I could be bothered with but...

If you can get on the commercial tariff it is a much better return.

2 or more domestic properties or a domestic & a business unit connected to the same central qualifying boiler unit = commercial tariff.  Single domestic residence = domestic tariff.  

If you can get on the commercial, that's the way to go...

14 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

From memory - I'm thinking 9 for 2x solar thermal panels in roof, boiler, plumbing and elec instal.  I can have a pull through the paperwork and confirm.

I just did a google and first hit was ?. Scroll down to costs have a quick read, but I'd advise caution - they are saying 20% return over 20 years, that 'may' be true but it rings an alarm bell since domestic RHI is a 7 year term....

WWW.TRECO.CO.UK

We’ve supplied and installed over 800 biomass boilers since 2006. Read about our biomass boilers here or contact us to...

thanks. Not much more than heat pump then and that is a fit and forget solution. The FIT payments arent really of any interest as we (the builder) dont get them.

Heat pumps are priced like solar was before we all started fitting it, they will come down to combi boiler prices once we have to all install them routinely.

30 minutes ago, donnk said:

thanks. Not much more than heat pump then and that is a fit and forget solution. The FIT payments arent really of any interest as we (the builder) dont get them.

Heat pumps are priced like solar was before we all started fitting it, they will come down to combi boiler prices once we have to all install them routinely.

You ‘could’ get commercial FiT if you had a community heating system. 

Slightly different way of approaching things. 

10 hours ago, peatff said:

Are we not leaving the EU now? 

"now" could benefit from some definition though....

Commercial RHI was rolled out 2012 (from memory), domestic RHI 2014ish.

At that time we were still well and truly under the oppressive yoke of EU domination and whilst the avoidance of punitive fines may have been a strong driver for such incentives....

Roll forward to 2016 referendum - where the MAJORITY of the UK decided to say FU EU for a wide and varied number of well considered, deeply researched national and personal interest reasons...

And here we are at the curtain call of 2019 and the process of 'leaving' the political union of federal Europe is only just starting to gain traction.

So for domestic RHI with a 7 year term, 2021 sees it coming to a close anyway for the early entrants.  That said, and as can be applied across the ENTIRE spectrum of (soon to be former) EU compliance, UK national processes (many of which far exceeded the minimum standards imposed by the EU) will stay EXACTLY as they were before UNTIL, by act of parliament, they are changed to a more tailored solution.  

Planes will still fly, manufacturers will still manufacture, sellers will still sell, buyers will still buy, medicines and foodstuff will still flow backwards and forwards....  All in exactly the same manner as they have done for generations and the likelihood of plague, pestilence, riot and disorder will quietly be forgotten - most embarrassingly by those that tried to convince the gullible that the world would stop turning the day after the EU referendum.    

So, yes, we ARE leaving the EU and the 'requirement' to comply with EU emissions directives will cease to apply.  Should that be read as meaning RHI / solar PV tariffs etc will immediately slam into a brick wall?  Personally, I anticipate UK national requirements will exceed current EU directives and therefore the incentive to encourage roll-out of renewable systems will increase - but that increase will be UK initiated not for fear of incurring punitive EU fines.

(for Mull) The short answer is yes, we are (finally) leaving the EU.  It doesn't make any difference...

• Like 2

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

"now" could benefit from some definition though....

Commercial RHI was rolled out 2012 (from memory), domestic RHI 2014ish.

At that time we were still well and truly under the oppressive yoke of EU domination and whilst the avoidance of punitive fines may have been a strong driver for such incentives....

Roll forward to 2016 referendum - where the MAJORITY of the UK decided to say FU EU for a wide and varied number of well considered, deeply researched national and personal interest reasons...

And here we are at the curtain call of 2019 and the process of 'leaving' the political union of federal Europe is only just starting to gain traction.

So for domestic RHI with a 7 year term, 2021 sees it coming to a close anyway for the early entrants.  That said, and as can be applied across the ENTIRE spectrum of (soon to be former) EU compliance, UK national processes (many of which far exceeded the minimum standards imposed by the EU) will stay EXACTLY as they were before UNTIL, by act of parliament, they are changed to a more tailored solution.  

Planes will still fly, manufacturers will still manufacture, sellers will still sell, buyers will still buy, medicines and foodstuff will still flow backwards and forwards....  All in exactly the same manner as they have done for generations and the likelihood of plague, pestilence, riot and disorder will quietly be forgotten - most embarrassingly by those that tried to convince the gullible that the world would stop turning the day after the EU referendum.    

So, yes, we ARE leaving the EU and the 'requirement' to comply with EU emissions directives will cease to apply.  Should that be read as meaning RHI / solar PV tariffs etc will immediately slam into a brick wall?  Personally, I anticipate UK national requirements will exceed current EU directives and therefore the incentive to encourage roll-out of renewable systems will increase - but that increase will be UK initiated not for fear of incurring punitive EU fines.

(for Mull) The short answer is yes, we are (finally) leaving the EU.  It doesn't make any difference...

Very well put. Nothing will convince the Doomers though. :D 

• Haha 1