To me, from me, by me

G13469

9 hours ago, G13469 said:

From a rough blank, hardened, tempered, ground and handled as a present for me.

The handle is made from wenge, kindly donated by 7thdevel and I'm very pleased so far for a first attempt with a knife. Just need to make a sheath

IMG_20191224_134601.jpg

IMG_20191224_134524.jpg

Very nice:thumbup:

ROVER.EBAY.COM

Cutlery sets Damascus Steel Blank BILLET 2 pcs. custom Damascus...

This is the company I got my blank from in India. I think I paid £14 for mine but remember you have to heat treat it yourself (it may not survive this process).

I wanted something cheap for my first go and a got help from a blacksmith with the heat treatment as I've not done it before. The blade has taken a great edge tho and will now be used at work and given some abuse. Total cost to me around £20 + my time.

I'm not talking orders unfortunately but if you do one yourself some of the members of arbtalk have incredible collections of timber you may be able to pick handle materials from.

Its nice to have your kind comments, it's a generous confidence boost from you all.

Edited by G13469