Stolen 372xp and vehicle batteries, Bow, Devon

Big J

11 hours ago, gary112 said:

Trouble is its a waste of good time involving the coppers,i tried that and got nowhere fast,they would probably say not enough evidence

this.

too much like hardwork for the 5' plodette to get out of the nice warm £60k BMW to do some work.

• Like 1

Well the evidence is there, nice mug shot, reg number...knock on his door, where were you at ....o clock, depending on answer, why were you there.....lets have a bit of a look at your outbuildings etc and see what kit you have and if it may be hot etc.....how difficult can that be.

All the hard work has been done, the easy bit is bursting in to the thieves life and making it not so very calm!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Well the evidence is there, nice mug shot, reg number...knock on his door, where were you at ....o clock, depending on answer, why were you there.....lets have a bit of a look at your outbuildings etc and see what kit you have and if it may be hot etc.....how difficult can that be.

All the hard work has been done, the easy bit is bursting in to the thieves life and making it not so very calm!!!

I agree how easy could it be!!Still dont matter,i even told em where to go find mine ,still not interested,waste of space

8 minutes ago, devonoak said:

We'll see how it plays out. They do actually seem interested in building a case so hopefully something positive will happen. Thanks Jonathan for posting this. I've actually been a member on here for years, but very rarely do I visit! 

Hope you get somewhere with it,arseholes like him need bringing to justice

• Like 2

I’m sure the police will look into this as the evidence appears very strong (though I’ve been seriously disappointed by their lack of investigative efforts in the past, so who knows?!...). 

Last month I was pulled over by an ANPR camera equipped car on the M62 near Manchester - my vehicle had triggered an alert for the driver to stop me (incredible technology imo - the police car was travelling in the slow lane and I was passing in the fast lane in really heavy traffic). 

Apparently Thames Valley Police have put a marker on my truck as it was suspected in a theft from a construction site in Berkshire (we cover a large area but I’ve not been down there). I had a good chat with the officer and it turned out that on the date in question I was on holiday abroad - I have cctv of my pickup parked on the drive at home at the time, it didn’t turn a wheel for a fortnight. 

It would appear that some pikey has possibly cloned my number-plate and is using another white Navara for thieving purposes. That in itself isn’t really noteworthy - what I was impressed by was the fact that the police are looking into it (nationally and across forces). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’m sure the police will look into this as the evidence appears very strong (though I’ve been seriously disappointed by their lack of investigative efforts in the past, so who knows?!...). 

Last month I was pulled over by an ANPR camera equipped car on the M62 near Manchester - my vehicle had triggered an alert for the driver to stop me (incredible technology imo - the police car was travelling in the slow lane and I was passing in the fast lane in really heavy traffic). 

Apparently Thames Valley Police have put a marker on my truck as it was suspected in a theft from a construction site in Berkshire (we cover a large area but I’ve not been down there). I had a good chat with the officer and it turned out that on the date in question I was on holiday abroad - I have cctv of my pickup parked on the drive at home at the time, it didn’t turn a wheel for a fortnight. 

It would appear that some pikey has possibly cloned my number-plate and is using another white Navara for thieving purposes. That in itself isn’t really noteworthy - what I was impressed by was the fact that the police are looking into it (nationally and across forces). 

.....And that is exactly what I suspect is the case here, cloned plates on another red ranger....... But time will tell. 

On 25/12/2019 at 20:57, spudulike said:

Maybe I am being naïve but shouldn't the police be bashing on his door and searching his premises etc etc? I know a ball pein hammer to the knee caps would be more enjoyable but perhaps using the service we all pay our taxes for may be the best way forward.

Police aren't interested, I've been done three yimes and on first occasion when thieving gits walked off with £7.5k of chainsaws and kit Plods exact words were "it's not something we'd be interested in" 

Second time £2.5k  the words had changed to "it's not something we'd be bothered with" 

Third time next door neighbour had a got a full hand print as they'd tried to nick their caravan and Plod said we don't send soco out for break ins anymore! 

So what is the point! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1