What Have You Brought Yourself For Xmas?

5 shires

42 minutes ago, Ian Flatters said:

A multitel Smx250 and placed the order confirmation in a Christmas card to myself. Technically she can't tell me off if its a Christmas gift. emoji23.png

Hi Ian please excuse my ignorance but what is a Multitel SMX250?.

hope you have had a good day doing nothing unless you helped prepare the Xmas dinner of course.

• Like 1

Hi Ian please excuse my ignorance but what is a Multitel SMX250[emoji848].
hope you have had a good day doing nothing unless you helped prepare the Xmas dinner of course.
Sadly I've been resting up since Friday last week after coming down with this cold everyone seems to have around me. So locked away at home and everything's been a bit normal and not chrotsmas oriented sadly which I must say is a very weird scenario.

Hope you have had a lovely Christmas day yourself. Hopefully a few drinks with family.

It's a platform made by multitel. 25m working height (22.5m to top of basket) with a 12.5m side reach. All for 2.5t in weight.

There's a few companies that have been running them for a while now and for me they seem ideal for tree work. I went for it of a few main reasons other than its weight.

It's gets me and the team off the ropes more frequently and as we're now using the hellishly slow learning curve of 2 main anchors I need to gain as much efficency back as possible. My business model is setup on maximising efficency over my local competition as I sure as hell cannot beat them on day rates but can currently out produce the vast majority by a significant margin. Just like how the big boys like kingswell would make me look like I slept in the van on a large scale removal job.

We will do hires through a friend's tree company as he already does hires with his 20m truck mewp so we've chatted about him doing our hires so we can do other tasks as a team rather than losing a member for a day.

I'm just trying to save up to replace the digger now but that won't happen for a while as yet.

Heres the YouTube video.
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, Ian Flatters said:

Sadly I've been resting up since Friday last week after coming down with this cold everyone seems to have around me. So locked away at home and everything's been a bit normal and not chrotsmas oriented sadly which I must say is a very weird scenario.

Hope you have had a lovely Christmas day yourself. Hopefully a few drinks with family.

It's a platform made by multitel. 25m working height (22.5m to top of basket) with a 12.5m side reach. All for 2.5t in weight.

There's a few companies that have been running them for a while now and for me they seem ideal for tree work. I went for it of a few main reasons other than its weight.

It's gets me and the team off the ropes more frequently and as we're now using the hellishly slow learning curve of 2 main anchors I need to gain as much efficency back as possible. My business model is setup on maximising efficency over my local competition as I sure as hell cannot beat them on day rates but can currently out produce the vast majority by a significant margin. Just like how the big boys like kingswell would make me look like I slept in the van on a large scale removal job.

We will do hires through a friend's tree company as he already does hires with his 20m truck mewp so we've chatted about him doing our hires so we can do other tasks as a team rather than losing a member for a day.

I'm just trying to save up to replace the digger now but that won't happen for a while as yet.

Heres the YouTube video.

Right...it’s a very posh MEWP...awesome piece of kit and great idea hiring it out and totally agree with you Ref get off the ropes when you can...hopefully your feeling 100% better soon and enjoy the rest if your Xmas and rest time.

• Like 2

Looks like Stubby and I had similar ideas. I personally love my hollow body Ibanez Artcore, very light and with a Les Paul style neck so very easy to live with and for £200 and another few pounds of new pickups, sounds pretty good.

I liked it that much I got a similar solid body, sort of PRS style with Les Paul thrown in. Just setting it up, dressing the frets, doing the truss rod and have filled a few dings as it was cheap but a bit "well used".

YIBANEZ9716107.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Looks like Stubby and I had similar ideas. I personally love my hollow body Ibanez Artcore, very light and with a Les Paul style neck so very easy to live with and for £200 and another few pounds of new pickups, sounds pretty good.

I liked it that much I got a similar solid body, sort of PRS style with Les Paul thrown in. Just setting it up, dressing the frets, doing the truss rod and have filled a few dings as it was cheap but a bit "well used".

YIBANEZ9716107.jpg

I can see a little get together round a camp fire at the APF happening with yourself and stubby giving a duet??

• Like 1