What Have You Brought Yourself For Xmas?

5 shires

On 25/12/2019 at 10:50, pie eater pete said:

Good taste! I've a Air Arms Tx200 in .177 but im thinking of an PCP, just not sure which?

Tx200 is a nice gun. I've always fancies a Prosport in a walnut stock. I've got a BSA Ultra single shot, an SMK PR900W multishot , an old Logun Solo multishot and a Kral bullpup multishot, all in .22 and all with different pluses and minuses. There are as many opinions on air rifles as there are chainsaws so hope you enjoy reading. I've been spending a lot of time on Airgun Forum recently which is a good place to start reading. Don't bother with the magazines. I've never read a bad review on anything in them. :)

On 26/12/2019 at 12:31, harvey b davison said:
On 24/12/2019 at 20:34, felixthelogchopper said:
Weihrauch 99s in .22 for post Xmas plinking purposes.

Keep thinking about getting a bsa meteor for vermin and plinking.

I've got a bad habit of buying the airguns that I wanted when I was younger. I have a really nice Zephyr tuned Weihrauch 77k in a thumbhole stock along with a 90k and a Webley Omega.

Edited by felixthelogchopper
  • Like 1

I’ve got a soft spot for break barrel springers, although I fully accept they were overtaken by fixed barrel CO2 models years ago.

The gas bottle route never appealed to me though.

I’ve still got a very tired .22 1983 Webley Vulcan mk2 that I shot very well with, but I put between 500 and 1000 Eley Wasps through it nearly every week so some outrageous flukes were pretty likely!

Always fancied a Feinwerkbau Sport, pretty sure they still produce them in a new guise.

• Like 2

Treated myself to a pair of Irish Setters for work. Will only be wearing them for VTAs and Aerial Inspections. As they’re not certified for Arb. 600g of insulation and a goretex surround making them very waterproof. Comfortable and very lightweight too.

7027D0D7-B816-4FCB-B85A-12444319B1C3.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

Treated myself to a pair of Irish Setters for work. Will only be wearing them for VTAs and Aerial Inspections. As they’re not certified for Arb. 600g of insulation and a goretex surround making them very waterproof. Comfortable and very lightweight too.

7027D0D7-B816-4FCB-B85A-12444319B1C3.png

Very nice,bet they set ya back or bob or two

3 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Very nice,bet they set ya back or bob or two

I was once told “The two most important things are your bed and your boots” which in turn gave me enough of an excuse to finally shell out for a pair of these...not like I needed much persuasion in the first place though.

£283 from Footwear Country and it’s worth every penny providing they last as long as my step fathers pair which is 6 years.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

I was once told “The two most important things are your bed and your boots” which in turn gave me enough of an excuse to finally shell out for a pair of these...not like I needed much persuasion in the first place though.

£283 from Footwear Country and it’s worth every penny providing they last as long as my step fathers pair which is 6 years.

Aint that the truth,cant work with wet cold feet,and cant work without a good nights sleep

• Like 1