What Have You Brought Yourself For Xmas?

5 shires

5 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

TIME.

Been so busy in the last few years I have not had a chance to do anything for myself. The Christmas and the new year are definitely going to be different, think there may well be a grandson about to be thrown in the mix :thumbup1:

Bob

Give it up Bod, let the lad do it. Nothing like a new one in the fold. Happy Christmas & A Merry New Year.

4 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Amusing and somehow depressing in equal measure!
I'm surprised you didn't get yourself a mini loader for xmas

4 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Amusing and somehow depressing in equal measure!
I'm surprised you didn't get yourself a mini loader for xmas

Not depressing at all.

mini loader for late February, all going well?

• Like 1

The Airsporter or Mercury would be a better bet and a telescopic sight gives you more accuracy. Not sure a Meteor would be up to dispatching rats as they are pretty indestructible unless you hit them just right and it is always best to kill them in a humane manner.
Cheers Steve, I just thought of the meteor, as that is what we had as kids. But yes, an airsporter sounds ideal, I may buy a kit with sights, gun bag etc all included.
  • Like 1

Sadly I've been resting up since Friday last week after coming down with this cold everyone seems to have around me. So locked away at home and everything's been a bit normal and not chrotsmas oriented sadly which I must say is a very weird scenario.

Hope you have had a lovely Christmas day yourself. Hopefully a few drinks with family.

It's a platform made by multitel. 25m working height (22.5m to top of basket) with a 12.5m side reach. All for 2.5t in weight.

There's a few companies that have been running them for a while now and for me they seem ideal for tree work. I went for it of a few main reasons other than its weight.

It's gets me and the team off the ropes more frequently and as we're now using the hellishly slow learning curve of 2 main anchors I need to gain as much efficency back as possible. My business model is setup on maximising efficency over my local competition as I sure as hell cannot beat them on day rates but can currently out produce the vast majority by a significant margin. Just like how the big boys like kingswell would make me look like I slept in the van on a large scale removal job.

We will do hires through a friend's tree company as he already does hires with his 20m truck mewp so we've chatted about him doing our hires so we can do other tasks as a team rather than losing a member for a day.

I'm just trying to save up to replace the digger now but that won't happen for a while as yet.

Heres the YouTube video.
Good choice Ian and definitely the way I'm thinking these day's
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, harvey b davison said:
23 hours ago, spudulike said:
The Airsporter or Mercury would be a better bet and a telescopic sight gives you more accuracy. Not sure a Meteor would be up to dispatching rats as they are pretty indestructible unless you hit them just right and it is always best to kill them in a humane manner.

Cheers Steve, I just thought of the meteor, as that is what we had as kids. But yes, an airsporter sounds ideal, I may buy a kit with sights, gun bag etc all included.

If you can stretch a bit further, PCP air rifles are truly brilliant, zero recoil, very low noise with a silencer and very accurate although you will need a pump or gas cylinder as well.

I guess I was lucky to get my Airarms S300 for £100 as most seem to be up in the £350 bracket. If you are looking at springers on a budget, the Airarms TX200 is pretty sweet, got one of those as well!

• Like 3

On 25/12/2019 at 19:02, Ian Flatters said:

Sadly I've been resting up since Friday last week after coming down with this cold everyone seems to have around me. So locked away at home and everything's been a bit normal and not chrotsmas oriented sadly which I must say is a very weird scenario.

Hope you have had a lovely Christmas day yourself. Hopefully a few drinks with family.

It's a platform made by multitel. 25m working height (22.5m to top of basket) with a 12.5m side reach. All for 2.5t in weight.

There's a few companies that have been running them for a while now and for me they seem ideal for tree work. I went for it of a few main reasons other than its weight.

It's gets me and the team off the ropes more frequently and as we're now using the hellishly slow learning curve of 2 main anchors I need to gain as much efficency back as possible. My business model is setup on maximising efficency over my local competition as I sure as hell cannot beat them on day rates but can currently out produce the vast majority by a significant margin. Just like how the big boys like kingswell would make me look like I slept in the van on a large scale removal job.

We will do hires through a friend's tree company as he already does hires with his 20m truck mewp so we've chatted about him doing our hires so we can do other tasks as a team rather than losing a member for a day.

I'm just trying to save up to replace the digger now but that won't happen for a while as yet.

Heres the YouTube video.

On 25/12/2019 at 19:02, Ian Flatters said:

Heres the YouTube video.

Who did you buy it from, been wanting a Demo in one of them and not getting anywhere with dealers 

15 hours ago, doobin said:

Do they still make an airsporter or mercury? Either way they wouldn’t be by first choice for a pest control gun. 

Nope, ceased production in the late 80s!

I think the OP is probably reminiscing about childhood - makes him mid 50s I reckon!

Edited by spudulike