Free Holidays!

Billhook

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Airlines are legally liable for harm caused by the accidental spilling of hot drinks, even if the mishap was not caused by...

I can now put on some thick underwear, pour hot coffee over my leg,  photograph the damage when I have arrived at my hotel room after hiding the red paint pot out of view and claim for the cost of the flight and probably the holiday too.

I am glad that we are coming back to British laws after January.  It  has been honed over centuries,  it may not be perfect, but it is better than all the others.

• Like 4

I'm wondering when they will ban Champayne!

"Yes, people are killed by flying Champagne corks! Latest big news in this area was Dingxiang Loeng, Chinese business man, who was killed after being hit on the temple with a cork from a bottle of Champagne. Approx two dozen people are killed by Champagne corks each year with weddings the most common place this happens."

• Haha 1

I had a cup of Ryan Air tea spilt all over me on my return from Malta in November, I know it wasn't good when my arse started to burn and stood up and felt like I was wearing a soiled nappy.

I think the passengers started getting worried about my lack of composure so dried the seat and sat down. Fortunately it all dried off by the time we landed.

Flight crew did say I could sort myself out in the Loo but unless there was an industrial size hand drier at knee height in there, I didn't see what I could do to help.

Perhaps I should sue - burns, new coat, new jeans, new undercrackers, damage to my man bits......what a load of balls:001_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spudulike said:

I had a cup of Ryan Air tea spilt all over me on my return from Malta in November, I know it wasn't good when my arse started to burn and stood up and felt like I was wearing a soiled nappy.

I think the passengers started getting worried about my lack of composure so dried the seat and sat down. Fortunately it all dried off by the time we landed.

Flight crew did say I could sort myself out in the Loo but unless there was an industrial size hand drier at knee height in there, I didn't see what I could do to help.

Perhaps I should sue - burns, new coat, new jeans, new undercrackers, damage to my man bits......what a load of balls:001_rolleyes:

stop boasting!

6 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Stop fretting. Come 31 December 2020 the airlines will  be able to maim or kill you, leave you completely disabled, abandon you, or couldn't care less about you. So long as you've paid them they'll be free to shaft you good and proper. It's what they want, are lobbying hard for and will get. It's what you voted for and clearly want. My advice is don't fly until 1 January 2021 to avoid having any consumer rights and a court that will stand up for you against the vested intersts of big business and its Tory lackies.

Oh dear grow up.....

1 minute ago, EdwardC said:

Who said it would? However, EU law will. The airlines lobbied hard and long against having to compensate for even being a couple of hours late. Ryanair still refuse in many cases to obey the law. A right wing government with a lassiez faire capitalist approach and commitment to politicizing the Supreme Court to pursue their devil take the hindmost approach isn't going to benefit the consumer.

You're like the gentleman on Any Answers who thought that globalisation by way of leaving the EU meant that companies like Cobham wouldn't be sold to the highest bidder but kept in UK hands, and foreign ownership of utilities would be reversed. He voted leave for UK ownership, he voted Tory for UK ownership. And people say they knew what they were voting for. Laugh, I haven't stopped

Well I guess we will have to get used to being responsible for our own actions again without the EU nanny state wiping our arses or at least giving the impression that they give a damn.  As for Ryan air and flying in general my own opinion is that there is far too much of it and the subsequent environmental impact is hardly ever taken into account.