Tennis elbow

cerneARB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had tennis elbow, both sides. It was started by handling a lot of split lengths, lifting them palm down to stack. I found I couldn't lift a tin of beans palm down but could lift as normal palm up. I started to lift things differently and the problem has almost gone now.

I have had tennis elbow, both sides. It was started by handling a lot of split lengths, lifting them palm down to stack. I found I couldn't lift a tin of beans palm down but could lift as normal palm up. I started to lift things differently and the problem has almost gone now.

Never had tennis elbow

but

if it's curable by physiotherapy- please do your damned hardest to do all the exercises that are suggested, it will really help long term recovery.

• 4 months later...

tennis elbow can also be caused by referred pain from problems in your shoulders (Supraspinatus Muscle), or the teres major muscle, located just above the armpit! Have a look at this link, its got explanations of the different pressure points and trigger points you can manipulate in order to loosen the tension in the muscle and therefore eliminate the pain that may be getting confused with tennis elbow. Obviously thats not to say that a tennis elbow pain ISNT caused by repetitive work or climbing etc but it does provide some alternative exercises etc, worth bearing in mind before going down the steroid injection route, NEVER a good idea

http://www.pressurepointer.com/PressurePointerManual.pdf

• 3 months later...

I've got it at the mo and have been off work for about 2 months now. I'm going to physio, who uses ultra sound on the area, got a neoprene strap and occasionally use Ibuprofen when it's really bad,had injection but didn't do owt. The exercise my physio recommended was to hold a can of beans(other types of food are available :) ) and then lower slowly the hand at the wrist and then raise it, abit like one of the afore mentioned exercises but was told that I shouldn't close my fist to tight, ie;putting the can in a bag and doing the same exercise. Thinking of a career change, but what???

ive had it on and off for over a year and have found that mahnesium oil (you can buy it online) really helps, apparently magnesium helps to relax a muscle after it has contracted by allowing calcium to be absorbed! seems to work for me by sprayin bout 10 times on the area a few times a day

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.551661,0.561900