Let's see your twin rope system..

Bing!

15 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

It isn't work, and nor is it required in the ISA TCC rule book. So no. Although knowing the AA some clueless numpty will no doubt try and push for it.

So your going to tell me that during an industrial climbing competition in the UK demonstrating work climbing techniques such as work positioning, aerial rescue, ascent and throw lining it will be acceptable to use one rope?

Rope access also has competitions, and I’m pretty sure they also demonstrate industry good practice.

Its not the ISA fault that we have decided to be the only country to enforce two rope climbing.

I have the issue that a few of my guys spend months working abroad on one rope, it’s very hard for them to transition between one and two.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marc said:

So your going to tell me that during an industrial climbing competition in the UK demonstrating work climbing techniques such as work positioning, aerial rescue, ascent and throw lining it will be acceptable to use one rope?

Rope access also has competitions, and I’m pretty sure they also demonstrate industry good practice.

Its not the ISA fault that we have decided to Beyoncé the only country to enforce two rope climbing.

I have the issue that a few of my guys spend months working abroad on one rope, it’s very hard for them to transition between one and two.

Whats Beyonce got to do with it?

re competitions, not sure if they will bring that into comps, but one things for sure, if only 1 out of the 5 climbers in the masters used 2 ropes I reckon that alone with give them a distinct advantage on the scoreboard.

Isn’t the comp distinctly different at the Arb show than that at the Arb conference? I thought the Arb conference comp was ISA so would likely be ISA rules id assume. The Arb show Comp has to be best industry standard............. surely.

I think it would be cool to see rescue comps like they do in other industries, feel like that could benefit us more imho. I know they do it in the ISA comps but there system seems very dated to me. Who foot locks these days?‍♂️

Looking good. Not tried the two swivel option yet, thinking about it they would still get all crossed don't they [emoji848]

I am trying the camp goblin fall arrest device at the moment, works well. Will put up a picture soon.

A little. I have to take a system off (once lanyarded in of course) and pass it around to put back on the bridge sometimes to uncross them but not overly painful. It’s getting easier.
  • Like 1