Front Mounted ATV Flail

Commando

Wondering if anyone has used one of the front mounted ATV flails?  I'm looking for something to clear some small woodland rides and paths of brambles.

Significantly cheaper than a Grillo ride-on or similar

RAMMY.FI

Rammy snowblower 120 ATV and Flail mower 120 ATV are compact and easily manoeuvrable for ATV use. take...

Thx Craigimage.png.4c032d25c5f572d4a4b1d9aca8432cfc.png

• 1 month later...

I never used an engine powered flail like that but use out front flails fitted to 30+ John Deere mowers, I find flails are power hungry when cutting heavy grass small trees etc so would wonder if a small petrol engine would have enough grunt for the job.

• Like 1

I never used an engine powered flail like that but use out front flails fitted to 30+ John Deere mowers, I find flails are power hungry when cutting heavy grass small trees etc so would wonder if a small petrol engine would have enough grunt for the job.

Yeah that’s one of my concerns, 1.2m cut from a 300cc B&S powerpack... not sure that’s gonna cope with brambles and rushes too well.....

3 hours ago, Commando said:

Not sure want you mean there Mate? Thx C

Around here about €4K would buy you a used john deere 1445 and a trimax 1.5m head well used by motorway maintenance companies but maintained as well, if you were doing a couple of hundred hours a year it would last a lifetime and are bulletproof machines imo

first pic is of a machine we picked up from a local council as a back up for €2250 plus vat a bit of cosmetic TLC and it looks presentable.

Here is one of our machines with a trimax head on it mowing longish grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPrqxBXOyeE

20190125_150003.jpg

20190408_132056.jpg

20191004_085533.jpg

Edited by kkk2
added vid
  • Like 1