Falteimer folding cube - fibreglass leg replacement?

arborlicious

My Falteimer cubes took a direct hit from 14oz throw bag the other day breaking one of its internal fibreglass 'legs'. A bit annoying now that it won't stand up straight.

I have not had a close look yet but seeing if anyone has successfully replaced broken bit with new fibreglass rod on the side/corner. Might need some hand sewing action.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Hey, please let me know if you find one as the same happened to mine ages ago. I have to stand with it between my legs to keep it open.

Whatever you do, don't let Kevin get a hold of that post!

He's just turned my innocent polite enquiry on another thread into a dirty joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Are the falteimer cubes even still available?

I'd hope so! The quality Vs stein and other versions pays for itself. Mine are over ten years old!

Never had a leg break but are you could pick up a fiberglass rod of the same diameter. If not maybe worth contacting whoever makes them?

• Like 1