Eye protection

Justme

What eye protection works for glasses wearers?

On windy days when processing firewood I always get dust in my eyes.

I have tried strimmer guards & chainsaw mesh screens but nether work as the wind blows the dust around them.

Safety goggles never seem to fit over glasses effectively.

I am not worried about impact from flying bits at speed as I am not in the zone the processor flings stuff, its just the wind carried crap.

What do you all use?

4 hours ago, Ian Clarke said:

I have used these before when chogging down with a 460 on stems with wind blowing in my face.

They are inexpensive and will never fog up.emoji6.pngScreenshot_20191214-202222_Chrome.jpeg

I use these for strumming in the summer months as all safty glasses fog up and we sweating doesn't help. I find them comfortable all day long. As for wearing over glasses mabie some motocross goggles or ski goggles but you'll still get fog issues. 

• Like 1

I use these for strumming in the summer months as all safty glasses fog up and we sweating doesn't help. I find them comfortable all day long. As for wearing over glasses mabie some motocross goggles or ski goggles but you'll still get fog issues. 
Ah I forgot about the wearing over glasses bit but if you follow the link there are other offerings of mesh safety specs that could be worn over glasses. The ones I'm thinking of have a band to go around the back of your head.

23 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

For fine dust: goggles. No issue wearing them over glasses. Fogging can be an issue though. Gave you thought about prescription goggles?

Care you recommend any goggle that ft over glasses? 

If they cost what my glasses do then its a non starter.

All the one I have tried just dont fit.

Edited by Justme

22 hours ago, Ian Clarke said:

I have used these before when chogging down with a 460 on stems with wind blowing in my face.

They are inexpensive and will never fog up.emoji6.pngScreenshot_20191214-202222_Chrome.jpeg

I dont think you understood my issue.

Its not for protection from flying chips but from the dust.

Also I wear glasses so they would not fit anyway.

They would be not better than the glasses I wear.

18 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

I have tried motorcross goggles in a past life & they dont work well with glasses for me.