Vented bag or mosquito net

Sirius

There is a fair price difference between the two types.

The vented are striped with just four loops.

The mosquito have 6 loops and are made from mesh material.

I want to store around 50-100 of these with wood which has been down for 3-4 months and is processed. So they can season in the bags.

Any info or thoughts greatly recieved

I can only tell you about how good the mosquito bags are,i use them to finish drying my stock off,

Stack them with the mesh side to the wind for good airflow and make sure to keep rain out from above.

The ones with bottom loops suit my system as I use them to tip logs out on trailer.

My current bags will have been used about 8-10 times and are now on their last legs,but I am now double bagging to get more use out of them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, forestgough said:

I can only tell you about how good the mosquito bags are,i use them to finish drying my stock off,

Stack them with the mesh side to the wind for good airflow and make sure to keep rain out from above.

The ones with bottom loops suit my system as I use them to tip logs out on trailer.

My current bags will have been used about 8-10 times and are now on their last legs,but I am now double bagging to get more use out of them.

I think they will suit my system too. Thanks, I was quoted £400 for 50 mosquito bags inc carriage. Does that sound about right?

2 hours ago, Sirius said:

I think they will suit my system too. Thanks, I was quoted £400 for 50 mosquito bags inc carriage. Does that sound about right?

That sounds quite a lot to me. 

I tend to buy 150 or 200 at a time. For 200 they worked out at £5.60 a bag plus £35 carriage.

Perhaps there is a healthy discount for larger orders.

Did your quote include the VAT?

8 hours ago, the village idiot said:

That sounds quite a lot to me. 

I tend to buy 150 or 200 at a time. For 200 they worked out at £5.60 a bag plus £35 carriage.

Perhaps there is a healthy discount for larger orders.

Did your quote include the VAT?

Yes in vat.

That was a total price.

The price is cheapest on 100 I think.

Which supplier do you use?

On 16/12/2019 at 07:48, the village idiot said:

I buy mine from Bag Supplies Ltd.

I got mixed up got 50 delivered from bag supplies for 376 quid. 4 sided mosquito net with 6 loops. Not a bad price. Going to process ash straight into them in march and leave em in a airy barn or outside see how they season. If all goes well I will get another 50 or 100.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like vented bags, last lot of green ones are a year old and seems like the UV has got to them and are just ripping on the sides on their own.  They also expand a fair bit.  I transplanted a vented bag into a standard bag, both supposed to be the same sise and had 1/4 bag left in the vented when std bag was full. 

I process into ibc cages now and hard ball into bags a week before delivering as also found bagging sesoned logs into std bags made them go mouldy after a few weeks.

Edited by AndyChalmers