Which climbing trousers

Paul Tomo

I’m finding my class C chainsaw trousers are heavy and making it harder to climb in and around the canopy. I know that class C are all round protection and will give you that all round protection but I’m contemplating buying Class A front only protection to make the climber more easy, I know I will be losing the all round protection but I would to hear your views on this matter.

thanks 

46 minutes ago, gand said:

I've used front protection for years whilst climbing. If it's written in to your risk assessment and there are reasonable reasons why not to use type c, I believe it's ok

Type C trousers only exist so people don't cut their legs doing silly things. Don't do anything silly and you won't have an issue ??

Type A's for me thanks. 

• Like 1

Type c's up here although its cooler. We just wear C's on ground and climbing either pfanners or hi flex type( similar to your arbrotec). They are a lot better than the old Oregon type C or the Stihl kneeflex, they were awfull, but we survived, showing my age.

To be honest when climbing I don't notice the weight what with all the other clobber. I know its different where you are as its quite a bit warmer in the summer and would prob go with type A when its too warm.