tw125 stop bar switch and fuse

mattyboy

Hi, the stop bar switch has gone on my tw125 but i only replaced it about a month ago and before that i replaced it in April this year. The 25amp fuse went in the ignition box at the same time as the stop bar switch stopped working if this is a clue as to what is the issue? Any help? I cant be arsed to keep buying a new switch for every week!

3 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Sounds to me a bit like there is a short circuit somewhere, wires chafed through and shorting to the chassis. The old rule with fuses is change once because they can sometimes just blow but if it goes again then investigate for underlying fault.

The fuse has just gone once but it has coincided with the stop bar switch malfunctioning and not working after putting new fuse in. 2nd time in  a month the stop bar switch has gone and 3rd time this year. This seems a bit high, could there be a reason it keeps dying such as a short cicuit nearby?

23 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

The fuse has just gone once but it has coincided with the stop bar switch malfunctioning and not working after putting new fuse in. 2nd time in  a month the stop bar switch has gone and 3rd time this year. This seems a bit high, could there be a reason it keeps dying such as a short cicuit nearby?

Could you clear this up for me, you've you've gone through 3 switches but only once it's blown the fuse?

Is it this that's failing, the limit switch?

SHOP.SPECTRUM-PLANT.COM

Genuine Timberwolf Limit Switch - This limit switch is widely used accross the Timberwolf Model Range. This is a spare...

Edited by eggsarascal