Esse Ironheart

12 hours ago, htb said:

If you are thinking of connecting it to an existing central heating look at 

WWW.H2PANEL.CO.UK

Allows either of the heat sources to work independently or in conjunction.

Had ours working with no problems, Rayburn and a condensing boiler.

Nice! I'll have a look at that later today. :) 

Im still not sure what will be my primary heating. Large outside Wood Stove with Buffer Tanks or a Wood Stove in the Living room running the radiators and the Esse in the Kitchen running the hotwater.

9 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Renewable John has a thread on here somewhere. 

I think he sums them up as shite. {sorry)

Not had one, so I can’t comment on them.

Here is the.... errrrr frank discussion  Peasgood Possibly alluded to....

Edited by Bolt
Altocorrect spilling if Ethan moor useles then mi.
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Renewable John has a thread on here somewhere. 

I think he sums them up as shite. {sorry)

I'll see if I can find it. Generally they seem to get very good reviews but I thought Id ask on here as I thought Id get a more experienced feedback. Hopefully its not as bad as shite though. ?

Its more for the aesthetics anyway. I like the look of them, they are heavy at 350kg and will suit the style of our Farmhouse Kitchen which has/had a large fireplace before its was filled in and a Rayburn was put on front. If I can get the fireplace Opened and expose the red sandstone I think it would look nice. 

Bathroom is right off of the Kitchen so thats an option, I'll be running underfloor heating in there once I get around to renovating it in the new year. The additional heat in there would be great.
I think it needs to be a gravity circuit so your radiator will need to be up strairs in case of power cuts. (no central heating pump) You should be able to hook it up to a Dunsley Neutralizer to work in conjunction with another heating source.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CallumA said:
37 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:
Bathroom is right off of the Kitchen so thats an option, I'll be running underfloor heating in there once I get around to renovating it in the new year. The additional heat in there would be great.

I think it needs to be a gravity circuit so your radiator will need to be up strairs in case of power cuts. (no central heating pump) You should be able to hook it up to a Dunsley Neutralizer to work in conjunction with another heating source.

Ah yes, good point!  

We're two more Bathrooms up there so no issues. :D 

It should be easy enough to setup a thermasyphon radiator or two and have yer cylinder all circulating without the need for a pump. In my house 1 rad downstairs and 3 up stairs all work without a pump as does the hw cylinder ( make sure its a proper gravity fed one). When the pump is on the rads just get a bit hotter.

• Like 2

Oh and id go for 1 fire doing rads and hw, rather than 2 and more complicated system. Just make sure the back boiler you have is up to doing the rads you require, as irs not much fun trying to get the house warm if the bb is too small ( been there).

Currently have a rayburn 355. Very good.

8 minutes ago, billpierce said:

It should be easy enough to setup a thermasyphon radiator or two and have yer cylinder all circulating without the need for a pump. In my house 1 rad downstairs and 3 up stairs all work without a pump as does the hw cylinder ( make sure its a proper gravity fed one). When the pump is on the rads just get a bit hotter.

This is how it works for us as well.

Did you install it yourself, or get an expert in?

20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

This is how it works for us as well.

Did you install it yourself, or get an expert in?

did it myself, but have since seen a few other peoples systems and been very impressed -  a pal has got rads all over his house all working on gravity in ways that look impossible (he got a plumber in )