Hyundai terracan yay or nay

richarderskine

Afternoon all , as the title suggests I am considering a 2005 Hyundai terracan . I will be using it to drag my twin axle ifor Williams which spends most of its time healthily laden. I just wondered if any one can recommend or advise against it. I was considering a landcruiser of similar vintage but would have to pay three times as much for one the same age. I know Hyundai are pretty decent these days but just wondered if they were back in 2005. All comments good or bad welcomed. Cheers. 

It’s a older shogun underneath. Good trucks but parts can be costly and a lot of independent garages can’t work with the diagnostic computer stuff. 

we had one that wasn’t a bad workhorse till a injector went and basically wrote it off!

I used to have the tincan good for towing but if the duel mass flywheel goes its expensive they have part time selectable 4 wheel drive but do not have the limited diff so you cannot run it on the tarmac they have a boot like a van when the rear seats are folded down also the owners club was good with some very knowledgeable folk on it

if they still made them I would have had another      

From the reading I have done on them , injectors and DMFs seem to be the biggest issues. Isuppose an automatic would solve the flywheel problem although I cant see it doing  much for MPGs. Interestingly I priced a flywheel and clutch for the Hyundai and it came out at 950 quid for the parts where as my current jeep liberty, also a DMF was around half the price. Both kits were LUK from the same supplier. Maybe I need to stop deliberating and just dive in.