Mill extension

gobbypunk

The extension for the 126 looks identical to that for the 130.

It's the same steel section for the rails, which is the important bit.

The only difference is the stainless steel capping and I'm sure

they're not worth an additional £90 +vat!

Just checked this out according to the website it's £150 shipping and £84 VAT

I'm beginning to think making my own is a better idea!

Edited by Forest2Furniture

So Mymill is on a trailer, and I have a spare set of axels so I was thinking of extending my trailer to take a track extension and a hydraulic power pack for a log lifter as soon as I get some rams so not only do I want to make my own track extension but log lifter as well ,have any of you made your own hydraulics,as it’s a total new thing to me could I use the mill engine to run them some how or would I need a donkey engine,woodmizers only have the one engine or yet again would I be better off just buying some hydraulic log lifter ,it just totally does my head in how much these big companies charge for things that most of us with a little help could make ,so Mr Forest if you want to get together and have a go at making some extensions come on down we have mig and tig welders a small bender ,all the kit to make them but unfortunately my welding is crap,can you weld. 

As always keen to hear your thoughts.

Happy Christmas.  Mark

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2019 at 22:19, doobin said:

Yeah, but the other bits are what make it work seamlessly and would take a while to make yourself. Plus it's galvanised.

Now you've got me looking at mills!! Is there any money in it?

Thread redirection! Finally bolted our extension together along with a subframe extension. Cut some weatherboard to test it- perfect cut with no deviation. 

AFE23932-25FC-4482-B892-4112AC934A51.jpeg

D44D0F85-FB32-4EC8-85F9-9D22AC94DA33.jpeg

F984A343-4718-4AFC-8AE8-1916E24D2BD3.jpeg

1B580018-20DD-43DC-8171-DFB1D3746A19.jpeg

E8D675F7-09C2-459E-AC78-A32E8E2377AE.jpeg

• Like 4

I had a bit of spare space on my trailer that i bolted mill too 500 mm. I just extended with angle iron shimmed up. its the end the mill is parked on works for me! Woodlands postage fees are expensive. My sharpener cost £70 delivery 17kgs. anyone thinking of buying a woodlands get all the add ons with the mill would be my advice.

Edited by GWYNFIL
pelling
  • Like 2