Welfare Van Insurance

Stephen Blair

4 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I’ve just bought a Welfare Van with 8 seats, kitchen, toilet etc.

NFU have never heard of 1 and away to scratch their heads.

Looking for recommendations for Insurance companies please.

Thanks 

You will need to go through a decent broker Stephen, it will need to be put to them as the base vehicle whatever that is and then the body type. A few pics will be needed and they will send it off to the underwriter, our broker has managed to place all the oddball vehicles I have built over the years so yours should be straight forward.

Bob

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 14:34, Stephen Blair said:

I’ve just bought a Welfare Van with 8 seats, kitchen, toilet etc.

NFU have never heard of 1 and away to scratch their heads.

Looking for recommendations for Insurance companies please.

Thanks 

Are some of your customers requesting welfare on site too? Think I will have to trade the wee van in for a welfare van soon, it's either that or get a portaloo moved to every site I'm on!

39 minutes ago, jmac said:

Are some of your customers requesting welfare on site too? Think I will have to trade the wee van in for a welfare van soon, it's either that or get a portaloo moved to every site I'm on!

Jmac no customer requests I just want some comforts.

I’ve been contracting since I left school , 29 years eating off my lap and sitting in damp clothes.

Now I have a cloak room, toilet, drying area and a kitchen with table!  Luxury?

great for the kids and rd trips too!

• Like 3

I was fannying about trying to decide on whether to get mobile units or static, mobile for sure on jobs that only run for a few weeks but for long running contracts static makes a bit more sense so I bought these. Nice to be able to leave dry clothes/boots and some kit on site and not have to crap behind a bush.

Bob

1030764646_IMG_2768(1).thumb.JPG.241e2a60f404ff98f7985656f0f6b341.JPG985678171_IMG_2767(1).thumb.JPG.8c4452b8f4daa9c78c022dffece2f56d.JPGIMG_2804.thumb.JPG.11f0cf6fcda4e12ed9228b05b1e2d747.JPG1546746083_IMG_2805(1).thumb.JPG.3711b1e79186ab9ec7fdf2e82f4b2880.JPG

• Like 4