Mobile sawmill - Ryedale

pyro

Hi all, First post in this particluar section so bare with me!
So in brief im just enquiring as to the availability, existance of a mobile sawmill that could be available for a few days/weeks work in Ryedale/North Yorkshire. Perhaps it may be suited to a lucas mill, but we can move timber around with a forwarder

We have a project going on next year that requires a 110m boardwalk, we have some large stems of oak, sweet chestnut (and possibly beech) that are essentially at our disposal. As ive been charged with getting quotes, costings etc I would like to be able to use the timber from the same site that the Boardwalk is going on - so that means a mobile sawmill!

A simple remit would be as many 100x100 posts as possible. however I havent produced detailed plans yet.

Do they exist? is there anyone out there that may be interested?
or does anyone know of a boardwalk contractor that may be interested in the build?

Many thanks

Pyro

• Like 1

You sure you want to put oak and beech in ground contact, the oak would be better as rails and the beech sold I’ve never found it lasts outside. Sweet chestnut is good for splitting but doesn’t make a good sawn post grain is not always straight it will however last in the ground

Hi all, First post in this particluar section so bare with me!
So in brief im just enquiring as to the availability, existance of a mobile sawmill that could be available for a few days/weeks work in Ryedale/North Yorkshire. Perhaps it may be suited to a lucas mill, but we can move timber around with a forwarder

We have a project going on next year that requires a 110m boardwalk, we have some large stems of oak, sweet chestnut (and possibly beech) that are essentially at our disposal. As ive been charged with getting quotes, costings etc I would like to be able to use the timber from the same site that the Boardwalk is going on - so that means a mobile sawmill!

A simple remit would be as many 100x100 posts as possible. however I havent produced detailed plans yet.

Do they exist? is there anyone out there that may be interested?
or does anyone know of a boardwalk contractor that may be interested in the build?

Many thanks

Pyro
The son of the owner of paradise farm tea rooms at the top of boltby Bank has a big mobile diesel bandsawmill but there's every chance its still not working even though its 3 years since I last saw it.
Tried to buy it but he was certain he was going to get it running to use it himself...
  • Like 1

Hi ,oak and sweet chestnut,but not beech ,we have a bandmill and an Alaskan Mill but we are in Dorset but if you can’t find someone local it would be a cool busmans holiday,we could do the boardwalk as well as the milling P M if you get stuck 

Happy Christmas.   Mark 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, myself and colleague have a Lucas 10- 30 based in Penrith/Kirkby Stephen if you want to have a chat? We've also just built 300m of 2m plastic boardwalk around Derwent Water, Keswick so have a fair bit of experience. picture below of a bridge we did in Larch from scratch last year (fencing is EA handiwork not ours!)

cheers, Matt.

IMG_0907.thumb.jpg.e3b08d531f66fa5217a0cdcc743b46aa.jpg