Timberwolf or Forst 6" petrol?

Old Mill Tree Care

1 hour ago, GA Groundcare said:

The chipping performance of a Forst is impressive. All manufactures have had to step their game up. Folk do question its longevity however.

Agree absolutely. Think its a bit like the Husky/Stihl debate. Forst/Husqvarna tend to be fine with owner operators/people with a bit more mechanical sympathy, however if not maintained well can have issues. From what I have seen of them Jensen were a bit tougher, and Stihl are rumoured to put up with abuse a bit better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA Groundcare said:

But they also boost 2M of used chipper stock and the largest used chipper stockist in the UK.

Have also noticed this, and wondered how it can be sustainable, did hear a rumour they have been exporting some of the used stock? can imagine Eastern Europe and developing countries might not be too fussy about the condition of a used chipper?

7 minutes ago, HuntingHicap said:

Have also noticed this, and wondered how it can be sustainable, did hear a rumour they have been exporting some of the used stock? can imagine Eastern Europe and developing countries might not be too fussy about the condition of a used chipper?

I have a contact in Lithuania and sold a bit of kit to them. They like big, heavy cheap kit and aren’t fussed if it’s been hammered. 

10 hours ago, HuntingHicap said:

I thought the ST6P was also designed to be under 750kg? I like your informed input on the forum but being a chipper manufacturer yourself can imagine that Forst's meteoric climb in market share must have given yourself and a few other manufacturers a bit of toothache. I haven't used a timber wolf or a petrol Forst, I have used the ST6 and ST8, TR8 a fair bit, and although you do occasionally get small fixings dropping off lol they do chip like animals...

They have had a good run of things I'll admit and that that is better for the consumer as it makes all of the competitors up their game! However, the OP asked the question, and I don't think that they should be compared as easily as that. Both chip well and are reasonably priced.

Me? If I was still running Barrowcliffs which ended some 20+ years ago, I'd buy what my local dealer sold and could support. Back then, chipper dealers where in short supply, but Mitchell's (Outdoor Power Tools, Platts Harris) and Eddy George, my local Ag Engineer/Wizard did stuff for me and would have supported TW, Vermeer or GreenMech. 

I never mentioned the GM130/150/165 in my post earlier either out if respect to the OP....