Temporary traffic lights - most pointless

Squaredy

9 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Bring on driverless cars.  And re-tests every 5 years for everyone.

Why would you need to take a test if the car drives itself ? You could be blind and claim to not know you were in there on your own if you got pulled up. Honest officer I though Bill was just not talking to me.

Edited by peatff

2 hours ago, peatff said:

Why would you need to take a test if the car drives itself ? You could be blind and claim to not know you were in there on your own if you got pulled up. Honest officer I though Bill was just not talking to me.

Ah yes you have spotted my muddled thinking.  What a pillock.

42 minutes ago, Steven P said:

How can these upset you?

image.png.beac34e96a99f5f75a0301055f5e9323.png

Ah now if only all lights were like those nobody would mind.

Sadly I have to report that the lights which prompted me to start this thread are back.  Departed for the weekend and now back to protect the same empty stretch of road.  I guess even traffic lights need a weekend off!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Today the lights were actually doing something.   The contractors working in the adjacent field were using it to park their lorry.  On the opposite side of the road is a huge lay-by.  Perhaps with some joined up thinking the council could have authorised the lay-by be closed so they don’t need to park in the road with traffic lights.  The lay-by is closed by the way, but empty.

94B955B2-3227-4250-8884-CBC0E1155C6D.thumb.jpeg.6f4110049b2dcccad00c8de32115a178.jpeg

Good read this thread.

One of the real pleasures of operating TM is watching drivers come racing toward a red light with headlights flashing angrily to announce their arrival, safe in the knowledge they have the power to turn any light green, only to come abruptly to a halt beyond the Wait Here sign leading to an embarrassing reverse manoeuvre.

All the time counting down the seconds in my head because I remember them from when I programmed the timings, happy in the knowledge that Mr Audi doesn't understand that me, the "knob" "tosser" "twat",  holds the length of their journey time at my behest.

You don't know it Mr Audi et al. but giving me the middle finger again, and saying the words you said, has led to some additional seconds on the red light time today, commonly accepted to feel like 10hrs in driver time.

We apologise for the delay.

Thanks for your patience.

* 15 mph *

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Good read this thread.

One of the real pleasures of operating TM is watching drivers come racing toward a red light with headlights flashing angrily to announce their arrival, safe in the knowledge they have the power to turn any light green, only to come abruptly to a halt beyond the Wait Here sign leading to an embarrassing reverse manoeuvre.

All the time counting down the seconds in my head because I remember them from when I programmed the timings, happy in the knowledge that Mr Audi doesn't understand that me, the "knob" "tosser" "twat",  holds the length of their journey time at my behest.

You don't know it Mr Audi et al. but giving me the middle finger again, and saying the words you said, has led to some additional seconds on the red light time today, commonly accepted to feel like 10hrs in driver time.

We apologise for the delay.

Thanks for your patience.

* 15 mph *

Don't be the crab in the bucket from the other thread. I'm aware they're Audi drivers but hold yourself to higher standards.

• Haha 1