Ranger Adblue Issues?

PeteB

2 hours ago, Bustergasket said:

We have seen issues with incorrect spec adblue causing issues in a whole number of vehicles, there has been batches made which have a different specific gravity, we saw a Jag the other week and the owner had filled with cheaper generic unbranded fluid, we drained and refilled all ok, we only use the Ford Omnicraft product, costs about £12 quid for 10 litres, also have seen issues with my ranger and there was a software update for the (i think they call it selective cat reduction) SCR system basically what controls the ad blu usage that was not resetting after it had been filled, you then needed to do a calibration, i now tell people to avoid running them once the light comes on, with mine i have just been adding 10l every 2000 miles and the light has not illuminated. Hope that helps ?

Bloody hell mate, sounds like you know more about it than the Ford dealers Pete's been having so many issues with!?

Glad I run an older Ranger.

41 minutes ago, doobin said:

Bloody hell mate, sounds like you know more about it than the Ford dealers Pete's been having so many issues with!?

For what it's worth, my brother used to manage a van hire centre, and he found his volkswagens ad blue tanks ran very well on just water, no problems with any sensors or management systems! Not sure it would pass an mot though

• Haha 1

Bloody hell mate, sounds like you know more about it than the Ford dealers Pete's been having so many issues with![emoji106]

Just had a look into this...

This may help, there is some issues with the light not going off after refill if system is filled to the top, iam aware that it’s almost impossible to not brim the system as there is no gauge, however advice is drain 2 litres and then make sure vehicle is on the level, reset the yaw rate sensor and then clear the codes, it’s something to do with the level sensor been ultrasonic and it cannot deal with more than 100%, i think revised software is on the way, also critical that veh is level when filled as the ultrasonic looks at the yaw rate sensor, hope this helps ?

30 minutes ago, Bustergasket said:

Just had a look into this...

This may help, there is some issues with the light not going off after refill if system is filled to the top, iam aware that it’s almost impossible to not brim the system as there is no gauge, however advice is drain 2 litres and then make sure vehicle is on the level, reset the yaw rate sensor and then clear the codes, it’s something to do with the level sensor been ultrasonic and it cannot deal with more than 100%, i think revised software is on the way, also critical that veh is level when filled as the ultrasonic looks at the yaw rate sensor, hope this helps ?

This sounds more like it rather than the " wrong kind " of addblue .

• Like 2

I am genuinely concerned about modern pick ups.

When my Transit dies I want to get an extra cab tipper, because I think it would suit my work well now.

The problem is they all seem to have horror stories.

I don't want to make a major investment in something that will be scrap in 3 years. The government obviously hate diesels, but what are the alternatives out there?

It is a genuine worry for me and a lot of my mates who have to run these trucks for work.

• Like 1

I’ve got a 66 plate Navara which is the new shape but one of the last without adblue. It has been faultless to date and is used on road/off road/towing/motorways etc etc. I have been considering swapping it but am worried that whatever comes next won’t be as good somehow.... It looks like it’s going to be a keeper for now!

• Like 1