Ranger Adblue Issues?

PeteB

2 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

Safe to say vehicle manufactures have royally fucked up modern diesel engines... The late 90's was the era for diesels.. Mechanical, fairly refined, offering half decent performance and also running for ever and a day. 

Exactly what manufacturers (of anything) don't want. Nowadays, their objective appears to be to get what ever you buy into the scrapheap as soon as possible so they can sell you another.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The garage ran on Friday, they had done everything that Ford told them to do, again, only this time, they didn't seem convinced with Ford's comments on "wrong adblue". It didn't do 25 miles without warning lights appearing! Back in again.....

On 13/12/2019 at 20:27, PeteB said:

We have a fleet policy with the AA. From breakdown to getting home will be in excess of 12 hours. I’ve broken down three time’s and on each occasion, they add insult to injury with the time it takes to get things done! I understand that they have to prioritise the jobs but why carry it three miles and dump it there for another five hours? Surely they are more capable than that!?!

Fords? To be honest, it can happen to any vehicle, and I’ll campaign for another make next time but can guess that to will cause me grief at some point! Such is life!

When you phone them to log the call, tell them that you identify as a woman and you are on your own......you will then get priority!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GA Groundcare said:

We just buy our service vans adblue from the local ag supplier. I have never seen different grade options on offer even on a garage forecourt?

Give or take  it is  approx 70% de ionized water and 30% urea . 

7 hours ago, Stubby said:

Give or take  it is  approx 70% de ionized water and 30% urea . 

Correcting! 33% Urea and 67% distilled water - give or take. AdBlue is the trade name and there is no different grades NB as far as we can ascertain. Still, Ford say I've used the wrong stuff somewhere along the line.

17 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Correcting! 33% Urea and 67% distilled water - give or take. AdBlue is the trade name and there is no different grades NB as far as we can ascertain. Still, Ford say I've used the wrong stuff somewhere along the line.

Correcting . Its not distilled its de ionized water . I did say approx on the percentages.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PeteB said:

We have seen issues with incorrect spec adblue causing issues in a whole number of vehicles, there has been batches made which have a different specific gravity, we saw a Jag the other week and the owner had filled with cheaper generic unbranded fluid, we drained and refilled all ok, we only use the Ford Omnicraft product, costs about £12 quid for 10 litres, also have seen issues with my ranger and there was a software update for the (i think they call it selective cat reduction) SCR system basically what controls the ad blu usage that was not resetting after it had been filled, you then needed to do a calibration, i now tell people to avoid running them once the light comes on, with mine i have just been adding 10l every 2000 miles and the light has not illuminated. Hope that helps ?

10 minutes ago, Bustergasket said:

We have seen issues with incorrect spec adblue causing issues in a whole number of vehicles, there has been batches made which have a different specific gravity, we saw a Jag the other week and the owner had filled with cheaper generic unbranded fluid, we drained and refilled all ok, we only use the Ford Omnicraft product, costs about £12 quid for 10 litres, also have seen issues with my ranger and there was a software update for the (i think they call it selective cat reduction) SCR system basically what controls the ad blu usage that was not resetting after it had been filled, you then needed to do a calibration, i now tell people to avoid running them once the light comes on, with mine i have just been adding 10l every 2000 miles and the light has not illuminated. Hope that helps ?

Addblue is all the same . There are different brands but the mix of deionized water and urea will be the same .

• Like 1