Ranger Adblue Issues?

PeteB

We have a fleet policy with the AA. From breakdown to getting home will be in excess of 12 hours. I’ve broken down three time’s and on each occasion, they add insult to injury with the time it takes to get things done! I understand that they have to prioritise the jobs but why carry it three miles and dump it there for another five hours? Surely they are more capable than that!?!

Fords? To be honest, it can happen to any vehicle, and I’ll campaign for another make next time but can guess that to will cause me grief at some point! Such is life!

9 minutes ago, PeteB said:

We have a fleet policy with the AA. From breakdown to getting home will be in excess of 12 hours. I’ve broken down three time’s and on each occasion, they add insult to injury with the time it takes to get things done! I understand that they have to prioritise the jobs but why carry it three miles and dump it there for another five hours? Surely they are more capable than that!?!

Fords? To be honest, it can happen to any vehicle, and I’ll campaign for another make next time but can guess that to will cause me grief at some point! Such is life!

I understand that Greenmech will have a fleet policy, but the AA have contractors they could use on the doorstep of your breakdown, (I know because my brother was one of the owners until he retired) that they could get out to you in a couple of hours. A truck and chipper isn't a big rig after all. I do feel for you, I broke down, (well a wheel came off a company vehicle and it took me a similar time to get recovered and back to the yard). Cold beer when you get home, Pete.

Update! They filled the tank distilled water and if measures, therefore it was the wrong AdBlue......But on a test drive the tank would not pressurise so they needed s new seal. Once fitted, the tank pressurise okaybuf they encountered yet more warnings. So back to the drawing board.....We are going to have an entertaining chat with Ford as no one can confirm the 'wrong adblue' situation! In fact, one theory is that it is bad wiring from new but manifesting itself now!

A couple of folk seem to think that the ingredients of early adblue' were, possibly, a little wayward. But, one source said that it is Urea and distilled water in pretty precise quantity, and anything else is 'hidden', and that since I buy from the forecourt or from GreenMech dealers who are also Ag dealers, it is a safe bet that Ford Technicians at head office are being a little hasty! I've yet to see what it says in the car's manual though.

I have asked around without hinting at my problem, "what grade if AdBlue does she take?", while kicking tyres of trucks, tractors, 4x4 etc is met with furrowed brows, quizzical looks and outright laughter! "There is only one AdBlue mix!" is the usual response!

If you know better Dan, let me know!

Local Ford have asked if they can proceed with repair, another way if saying 'forget warranty chap!'.

The other 63 plate Ranger which died last Friday has had oil pump failure, just like the other two we brought at the same time. They inspected this one and my old one and they both were supposed to be good but both by as catastrophic failure. Doubt we will have them again!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, PeteB said:

Local Ford have asked if they can proceed with repair, another way if saying 'forget warranty chap!'.

The other 63 plate Ranger which died last Friday has had oil pump failure, just like the other two we brought at the same time. They inspected this one and my old one and they both were supposed to be good but both by as catastrophic failure. Doubt we will have them again!

so Ford want GM to pay for the adblue issues then?