Ranger Adblue Issues?

PeteB

3 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Ah, sorry about my float comment as that’s the only type I’ve seen in the flesh. Now appreciate there can be optical probes down the depth of the tank too.

Just what I've been told, not seen it nor understand it!

2 hours ago, Stihl123 said:
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Ford Ranger dpf delete exhaust system 3.2 200bhp 5 cylinder, <br> <br>Turbo back straight through system <br> <br>For off road use only <br> <br>3inch system <br> <br>Please note...

if warranty is out anyway, get one of these fitted

I blanked the EGR and removed the cat/DPF what ever it was on my Nissan D22 and loads of people said it would not pass an MOT but it passed 2 with me and another just now with the bloke I sold it to .

That ad on evilbay states 'for off road use only'. My local MOT chap told me a few years ago that is an Inspector, he has been told to fail anything that looks like it has been altered/modified or doesn't look standard. The owner has to prove that he hasn't chopped it or refit the original system! Plus, at £850 for something, it may not suit every budget!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 08:55, GA Groundcare said:

Our transit custom has adblue. We buy it in 20l from a local ag dealer. I haven't measured usage but it seems to last for ages.

I think its generally about 400-600 miles per litre of adblue for vehicles up to 7.5t.  So 20 litres could get you 8-12k miles. I appreciate its 'another cost' but what, £40-50 a year? 

12 hours ago, PeteB said:

That ad on evilbay states 'for off road use only'. My local MOT chap told me a few years ago that is an Inspector, he has been told to fail anything that looks like it has been altered/modified or doesn't look standard. The owner has to prove that he hasn't chopped it or refit the original system! Plus, at £850 for something, it may not suit every budget!

well, if u get a relationship with a good garage, they'll put it through! :D

10 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

I have a 19 plate 3.2 Ranger Wildtrak and when I go to the on board AdBlue display it doesn't give me a miles to refill. It just states 'AdBlue Status OK' is there an option to change it to miles?

yeh when it needs refilling it'll ping up when you start up. it comes on from around 1400 or 1500 till you need to refill

they take about 20 litres