woodland floor - house floor

Forest2Furniture

Having milled a fallen Walnut tree for a guy about 3 yrs ago and now the boards have been dried I've machined the

remainder of the milled timber into some lovely floorboards, that will be laid in the hallway of the farmhouse

close to where to tree grew.

southwell walnut 3.jpg

_20191207_115812 16.25.19.JPG

Edited by Forest2Furniture
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Forest2Furniture said:

Having milled a fallen Walnut tree for a guy about 3 yrs ago and now the boards have been dried I've machined the

remainder of the milled timber into some lovely floorboards, that will be laid in the hallway of the farmhouse

close to where to tree grew.

southwell walnut 3.jpg

_20191207_115812 16.25.19.JPG

Looks awesome.  could ask what the cost was to cover from slabs to floor boards...cheers 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Treeation said:

Looks awesome.  could ask what the cost was to cover from slabs to floor boards...cheers 

Not entirely sure of the cost for the floor board bit as it was a huge tree which yielded some 80cu/ft of milled timber most of which was used in the interior of an outdoors kitchen and window boards in the house.

If you take into account the milling of the tree and he machining, he ended up paying somewhere in the region of £50 per sq/m for English Walnut floorboards which is about £80 less then the normal cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep nice flooring I bet it looks stunning when done ,how long did you dry the boards for,before you machined them ,hopefully I will be posting loads of milling pics now I have my mill set up just need the band guide bearings,Nice floorboards , I could do with some,we live in what they call Social Housing and just threw the bathroom fitters out ,the flooring they did is 1mm thick ,a F###ing joke ,sorry for derailing your thread .