Helmets - Is this compromised?

Treestumptom

Hi chaps -

I have had my Kong mouse helmet for 2 years and loved it, it’s a great fit for those with little heads. However, generally a well looked after helmet and through wear and tear I have discovered a crack and stress marks front and back.

Is it time for a new helmet?

Also - what do you folks think of the Pfanner Protos helmets, are they worth the investment?

Cheers

T

As soon as there is any cracks or signs of stress (i.e. white stress marks) it damage to any of the webbing despite how minor, your helmet will not pass an inspection

My way of looking at it is, if it doesn't pass an inspection then I don't even query if I can still use it. Inspections are there for a reason

Bin it and get a new one, way easier than getting a new head

• Like 1

On 09/12/2019 at 16:00, Treestumptom said:

Hi chaps -

I have had my Kong mouse helmet for 2 years and loved it, it’s a great fit for those with little heads. However, generally a well looked after helmet and through wear and tear I have discovered a crack and stress marks front and back.

Is it time for a new helmet?

I've always worked under the maxim with any piece of kit, that if you doubt it's integrity it's time to replace it. Even if it's okay (that helmet isn't), you can't focus on what you're doing while worrying whether it will do its job as intended.

• Like 2