Walking/Hiking boots

alex_m

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look no further than these: LOWA Boots USA / Show Hunter GTX® Extreme Boot

I bought a pair a few months ago, they are awesome; extremely comfartable from day one, very supportive and high, which I like, being used to chainsaw boots. Quite pricey at £160 but they should last for years. I wore them a couple of days ago while on an 8kilometre walk on Ilkley moor, I was walking through deep wet snow for 2 hours, no leaks and very warm. I can't recommend them highly enough.:001_smile:

Look no further than these: LOWA Boots USA / Show Hunter GTX® Extreme Boot

I bought a pair a few months ago, they are awesome; extremely comfartable from day one, very supportive and high, which I like, being used to chainsaw boots. Quite pricey at £160 but they should last for years. I wore them a couple of days ago while on an 8kilometre walk on Ilkley moor, I was walking through deep wet snow for 2 hours, no leaks and very warm. I can't recommend them highly enough

Totally agree with the above!!!:thumbup:

I have used Lowa boots through out my career in the Royal Marines.

I have carried big packs over all sorts of terrain throught the world in them, from mountains, moor land, desert ect.

I used the Lowa Patrol boot, non gore tex version. My feet generally are minging and honking thus leading to the end of one relationship:blushing:, and the gore tex just holds the sweat and stench also my feet were regularly getting soaked when wading through rivers, streams and bogs, thus the water got inside the boot. However, the Lowa boot are hoofing, yes, a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for and will last you, i promise you that mate! Good quality socks also too, I suggest bridgedale summits. Hoofing!! And a blob of vaseleine between your toes just to help prevent hot spots and blisters!!

The boots support your ankles really well and the sole is top notch, so as you can see I highly rate this bit of kit. :thumbup::001_cool:

Hope you find what you are after, happy new year.

Regards

I'm going to jump in and give you even more choices!

On the strenght of the Gagdet Show review of hiking boots, I bought a pair the Salomon Cosmic 4D GTX, which they highly rated.

I was already a fan of the Salomon brand and these have confirmed that I have excellent taste :001_tt2:.

They are expensive - the list price is about £150 - but I think think they are well worth it. They are incredibly light, comfortable (I'm often out walking literally all day) and come in funky colours, which, after all, is vitally important for the young arborist about town :lol:.

4801_enlarged.jpg.1b1918402c2da60b2cd2cade2f48e951.jpg