Trees in art

daltontrees

On 06/12/2019 at 16:05, roboted said:

Roger Dean...….Older members will probably recognise his work.

233517.jpg

234976.jpg

220722.jpg

I remeber it fondly. Manys a studenty party I went to, Deaan poster on the wall, teacloth on the lamp for soft lighting, whiff of josticks, Tangerine Dram on the hifi, no end of deep and meaningless discussion.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jfc said:

I did work for the guy who painted this, really like his tree art. Got a picture as part payment. His name is micklivingstone.co.uk he does lots of trees.
1582667497379.jpeg

That's really nice. I'd take that instead of cash. The cash would have been spent long ago but art just keeps giving.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Not exactly figurative but I like them anyway. 

John Nash

Image result for John Nash paintings of trees. Images

I am full of admiration for any artist that can create a likeness or even an impression of a tree. I have been finding it hard to find figurative tree art, I suspect my next few postings will just be paintings of trees. I was at a gallery last week and have quite a few to add.

9 hours ago, daltontrees said:

I am full of admiration for any artist that can create a likeness or even an impression of a tree. I have been finding it hard to find figurative tree art, I suspect my next few postings will just be paintings of trees. I was at a gallery last week and have quite a few to add.

On the face of it Nash's landscapes and his painting style looks simple. He isn't photographically detailed like an old master. But somehow he manages to get tremendous life into his trees. You can feel the wind blowing the foliage and hear the branches rattle.