SKY TV RIP OFF

topchippyles

40 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Must be all goat herders who have no tv in the house,Even just to watch things like seven worlds one planet (gold rush) is great relaxing tv 

I'm sure those of us who don't have a tv have much better things to do with our time, this time of year I'd prefer to ramble on with friends all over the country on the phone than watch the box, conversation stimulates the mind.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

I'm sure those of us who don't have a tv have much better things to do with our time, this time of year I'd prefer to ramble on with friends all over the country on the phone than watch the box, conversation stimulates the mind.

I think over 90% of the men here watch next to no TV. I expect its for the wife and kids mainly. Although it would be nice to spend all our times chatting with mates its not so easy to do when we have other family responsibilities. 

• Like 1

dear god in heaven who spends 4k on a TV, or crazy amounts on sky.    We have freeview and what i think is decent sized 38 inch tv, yrs old and just fine.

must admit its on all the time but come this time of year when stove is lit i spend as much time snoozing on sofa than actually paying attention to it.

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I think over 90% of the men here watch next to no TV. I expect its for the wife and kids mainly. Although it would be nice to spend all our times chatting with mates its not so easy to do when we have other family responsibilities. 

If you didn't spend so much time arguing with folk on the internet you'd have more time to chat to friends all over the country, I'm out until tomorrow, got to call my mate in Ireland back.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

If you didn't spend so much time arguing with folk on the internet you'd have more time to chat to friends all over the country, I'm out until tomorrow, got to call my mate in Ireland back.

Im not specifically talking about myself.  I thought I qualified my statement by assuming over 90% of the men here would fall into that category. :) As you're well aware I dont have a 'day job' hence why I have so much free time to argue with folk on the internet and still have ample time to spend with my family. ;) 

• Haha 1

I’ve got sky basic package and sports. I like the sports channels and so do the boys. Got a decent deal £38 a month for full sports and basic pack. Have to threaten to leave every 6 months to keep sports cheap.

dont watch it much should get rid really but like having sports there always someone to watch if I do put tv on. Not just whatever shite is actually on when I want to watch

• Like 1

I watch loads of TV, but don't physically own a TV set, and nor have we for nearly 15 years. Just use the laptop.

With Netflix, Amazon Prime and various other ways of downloading just about any show out there, I completely fail to see why anyone would bother with Sky except for sports. 

I watch a lot, but it's principally because I don't sleep very much and I enjoy the escapism.

• Haha 1

We see quite a lot of our daughter, and her boyfriend, because he can sit in our free toasty heated garden room, drinking the endless provided tea, while  "casting" YouTube canoeing content to our wall mounted smart TV, for us ALL to enjoy!

Senior Management also uses this facility to "cast" tapestry and needle point YouTube content to the larger, easier to see screen.

Me, iffen ah were younger, I know what YouTube/internet I ud ave bin casting to the TV!

That 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s the height of bad manners to have some old crap numbing everyone’s brain in the background.

This . Having said that I will be drowning in tv this week at least , what with my crippled knee and ankle ......

• Like 1