Hit by a speeding Labradore !

Stubby

This morning at about 06:15 I went into the field with my spaniel hoping to meet my mate Dave with his lab .  Both dogs wear flashing collars as its still pitch black . Dave was out before me this morning .  When Grouse ( the lab ) spotted mine she came barreling toward us . Usually she would miss me by a few inches but this morning she hit me square on  , right on the outside edge of my metal knee . The pain was intense and shot down my leg into my ankle . She poleaxed be like a skittle .  Just back from A+E . Luckily no bones broken but extensive soft tissue damage . Non weight bearing at the moment .  Don't you just love life ! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Ouch!

Fast moving labs are bloody dangerous beasts, more so when they are in company howking around together.

I've been wiped out a few times, so have all my kids.

A couple of years ago a lady down here had her femur snapped after her own dog lab flattened her.

He's a big lad, mind.

Hope you fix up quickly mate.

• Like 1

I was looking at some coppice work with a Woodland Trust Manager near me, he has a big lab that is nuts.

A little old lady came by with a lurcher, the dogs did the usual chasing game with the lurcher turning on a sixpence and running past it’s owner, the lab hit her so hard her legs went up in the air and she landed on the back of her head, I thought she dead!

Hope you recover Stubby, a nice brandy in front of the fire with the leg up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mum’s Alsatian pole axed me on a verge once. I stepped round with my right leg out to look behind to see where she was and at that exact moment she was in the process of passing me at full tilt. Right in the side of the knee. Went flying. Probably looked funny. Didn’t feel funny.

• Like 2

Hi feel for you on that one Stubby, have 2 labs myself not big dogs at all but very solid for there size we where out on a shoot picking up the one in the photo was returning with a duck on some wet ground and it was in that much of a rush when she returned to me with the bird there was no chance of her stopping and she just took me clean of my feet, ouch and piss wet through and shit up.

20180120_144116.jpg

• Like 4

As gorgeous as they are they're powerful beasts .... years ago I was getting towards being in need of a hip replacement and our old lab (unfortunately not with us anymore) was playing and ran into me full tilt at the of a walk ... the pain was unbelievable, .... absolutely excruciating and my head started spinning badly and my vision going .... I know for sure if I hadn't of been standing next to a gate which I collapsed over to support myself I would have hit the deck.

We've also looked after Canine Partners dogs at the weekends for 3 years and a couple of months ago The Mrs was playing with one in the garden that got excited and literally took her feet out from underneath her tossing her up in the air like a rag doll ... always seems funny to witness when you're not on the receiving end of it ?

They're beautiful animals but strong and powerful for sure ... good luck with the recovery and sure you can find the appropriate medicine to aid your recovery and is best taken whilst sitting in front of a log burner on these cold evenings ? 

• Like 2