Woodlands securing methodology?

Johnsond

Hi All 

just wondering if anyone has access to any pics of the method that Woodlands use to secure the actual mill to the trailer. I see it is welded to the spacer on the running wheel set up. Couple of images online but not great for what I’m after. Also an image of where/how it locks into would be good. Current temp set up is in image but trying to come up with a nicer solution long term. 

44A9AF0D-087E-4DA5-AACD-2E80F2C3149E.jpeg

theres an assembled block thats held in place by the wheel spindle bolt  and another one beside it x4, you then drill through the rail(drill supplied !) and insert locking pins, they give a dimension from the back edge to locate the carraiage, think its ariund the 19" mark, but I'd need to dig out the assy manual to get the exact size.......as I built my setup using one of the earlier sawmill builds, its different, but proves you can do it with a pre-2017 mill, I have the sheet from woodland mills detailing the differences

2 hours ago, agrimog said:

theres an assembled block thats held in place by the wheel spindle bolt  and another one beside it x4, you then drill through the rail(drill supplied !) and insert locking pins, they give a dimension from the back edge to locate the carraiage, think its ariund the 19" mark, but I'd need to dig out the assy manual to get the exact size.......as I built my setup using one of the earlier sawmill builds, its different, but proves you can do it with a pre-2017 mill, I have the sheet from woodland mills detailing the differences

Cheers for the reply you got any images or pics of the set up you describe ?? 

I’ve seen some images online of the method they use but not detailed enough to get a good idea. Probs gonna mic the bushes between the outer and inner frames and plasma cut something to go over the bush, get that welded to the bush and then mate it to the existing holes  in the rails at either side of the stowed mill with it in travelling position. 

Decided to try and sort this today just to get away from bloody politics for a while. 

51 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

So guys how do you clamp your mill to the trailer when you are taking it to a job I have been thinking about how to clamp it but thought I would ask others what they do 

Thanks Mark 

Hi Mark 

you using the factory trailer ??

johnsond, dont know where theyve gone, not in the workshop, but thats what they look like, triangular plates, line up with the spindle hole, the bolt that holds the wire wipers and the hole you drill through the trailer, and its 19" from the back edge of the trailer to the back edce of the mill on the extended trailer( frame is roughly over the wheels)

4 hours ago, agrimog said:

johnsond, dont know where theyve gone, not in the workshop, but thats what they look like, triangular plates, line up with the spindle hole, the bolt that holds the wire wipers and the hole you drill through the trailer, and its 19" from the back edge of the trailer to the back edce of the mill on the extended trailer( frame is roughly over the wheels)

Cheers anyway 

Got a sketch and a wats app video over to my mate in Inverness he is gonna knock some up on the plasma cutter, I’ll put some pics up once they are done. Current temp set up is pretty robust and will do the trick for now hopefully